1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

A friend today was asking what the best Oakley shooting glasses were, and I must say I was dumbfounded. I mentioned that M frames and Radars are popular with law enforcement/military etc. so I assumed they were good for shooting. But I know from the Guns and Oakleys thread we definitely have some shooters on here, any thoughts?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I would agree on Radar/Radarlock as it is a lot of coverage, light, and does not move while active. I do not do much other than trap shooting though.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

M Frame 3.0 would be my #1 vote. Works with hearing protection better than anything else.

Almost any Oakley will work. Everything carries at least Z80.3, most is Z87.1

Patient_Cero likes this.
  4. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

Another vote for the Ballistic M-frames and Radars.

5. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I don't shoot but I would say m frames followed by the radars. G26 was advertised as a shooting lens (I have not used this in person so I don't know how well it works) which is available in m frames and radars. The new prizm lenses for the ballistic m frames are advertised as shooting lenses also and I enjoy looking through them, although I have not used them for shooting so I don't know how well they will work. Flak jacket also allows the prizm lenses but I would prefer a shield lens.

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

G26 is for shooting clays. It really brings out bright orange. Not all that great for other stuff.

7. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

In dim light shooting, I suggest clear or hi yellow lenses. Try to use clear or grey during the day for any range applications. I hear the new prism lens stuff is awesome but I have not tried it yet...

8. arrigoni

arrigoni Oakley Beginner

Prizm TR22 M-Frames

9. 8J8

8J8 Oakley Enthusiast

M frame with clear lens is my shooting pair but after my last range day, I'm considering something in a vented lens as they were fogging up a bit with all the drills we were doing. M frame and radar variations are great for the coverage and keeping hot brass away from the eyes.