• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SI All Weather Boots

xtremehardy388

Oakley Beginner
A, A
I've been using these for a few years now and I've been impressed! My first pair of SI boots were the 6 inch original Assault Boot. I wore them when doing basic fire safety and when I went through the fire academy. They were great boots but got pretty hot in the summer. I still keep them in my jeep as an extra pair of boots (in case I don't have shoes on and just bunker boots). I then got the 8inch 2nd gen Assault Boots. I used these when continuing my fire safety job and was fairly happy. My feet rarely got sore in either of these and side vents were great for summer use. I still use them for summer duty. They aren't as slip-resistant as I'd like, though. It was also around this time that I got the Assault shoe. Again, these are great for summer use and feel very comfortable. Both the shoe and 8inch boot have an moderate tread but not as aggressive as I'd like. I use the shoes in the summer or when I'm doing PT. But, for Michigan winters, I needed a good boot to keep my feet warm. I ended up getting the All Weather boot. I am SO glad Oakley gave them a clean toe (makes them more professional looking). I also like that they're bloodborn pathogen cleared. They've kept my feet warm in sub-zero weather---and I have poor circulation. I only have two gripes---they don't have side-zips (which are a huge time saver for when I have to throw my bunker gear on) and they aren't safety too/heel rated. Otherwise, these are excellent boots. Great job, Oakley. Thanks for not just thinking of military users but also first responders.

They aren't as slip-resistant as I'd like
I had a similar feeling to Oakley's Assault boots. I had the shoes as well, I thought they were heavy and took too long to break in, but the boots I've had were always the suede tan where the shoes were grain leather.

I picked up a pair of Casing boots a few years back that I now use pretty seldom. I'm not out in the cold enough to need insulation often. MUCH better tread and grip than most pairs I've used.

I had the first gen Assault Boots 6" and the soles were slippery as hell when wet, but wore them anyhow for 12 years(from 2003) day in and day out, best shoes/boots I have ever owned. I used to hunt in them, and after a quick polish wear them the next day with a suit in church. After alot of trying/begging/pleading I finally got the current generation and the sole is fine in the wet and the all leather uppers look more durable, smarter than the original. It also has a sued tongue, where the original had a sponge tongue. Eyelets are also steel. I think the new ones are a way beter product. How they hold up in the cold, I could not say as I live in South Africa, but with good socks I think they will be fine. Other than the Shoe One(I threw mine away years ago when they started looking worn, O the folly of youth!!), I cannot imagine wearing any other shoe.

After these go out, I'm looking to get a pair with the side zip and with safety toe/heel. The side zip will help SO much when I have to switch to my structure fire boots. I don't have a lot of time to unlace everything and throw my gear on before our truck or engine leaves.

After these go out, I'm looking to get a pair with the side zip and with safety toe/heel. The side zip will help SO much when I have to switch to my structure fire boots. I don't have a lot of time to unlace everything and throw my gear on before our truck or engine leaves.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423705946.087154.jpg

Latest Posts

Back