• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SI new releases

I am curious why they included a white frame? And Jade Prizm lenses? I thought you couldn't have 'colors' when in uniform? I can understand the white frame being for a snow environment.

I am curious why they included a white frame? And Jade Prizm lenses? I thought you couldn't have 'colors' when in uniform? I can understand the white frame being for a snow environment.

Probably taking a que from the M Frame 3.0. The 3.0 only showed up on the APEL list in July 2015 while the 2.0 had been on there for years. In the interim, the 3.0 catered to civilian sportsmen which is probably why there are colorway variants not found in the 2.0. I suspect that if Oakley plans to have the Alpha APEL rated and eventually supplant the 2.0/3.0, they would include non-APEL colorways to cover this new expectation. It also allows for potential lens variants that would likely be absent if it was strictly tactical.

"Therrrrrrrre's snow operations like snow operations. Like snow operations I knowwwwww.
Everything about it is appeeealling . . . . "

:pickingnose:

Credit to Oak at O-R for finding this:

Instagram photo by @clayjoe • May 1, 2016 at 1:50pm UTC

One thing I didn't like about the Jawbone/NRJ was that the arms were bit bland imo. This kinda fixes that, while following very similar cues, although the detail behind the logo is seemingly useless judging from the backside in the distance.The reversed bolt mounting looks cool too, with the overall sharper shame.

Want to see a front view of this, although I'm expecting it to look very simple given it's a function-first design.
Also wondering if they'll do without unobtanium at the ears like the M-Alpha.

Credit to Oak at O-R for finding this:

Instagram photo by @clayjoe • May 1, 2016 at 1:50pm UTC

One thing I didn't like about the Jawbone/NRJ was that the arms were bit bland imo. This kinda fixes that, while following very similar cues, although the detail behind the logo is seemingly useless judging from the backside in the distance.The reversed bolt mounting looks cool too, with the overall sharper shame.

Want to see a front view of this, although I'm expecting it to look very simple given it's a function-first design.
Also wondering if they'll do without unobtanium at the ears like the M-Alpha.
They're borderline insta-buy's for me ... Wow they look cool!

Back