• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Singapore X Metal Tune Up

I suggest you talk to the technician to put your request & concern forward before they start work. Check with them, what is their level of confidence on that piece you sending in. Any potential scarring, rivets head flattening ans so forth....! You can quote my experience to them so that they are aware and for the FUTURE GOOD of other xmetal customer sending in for nose tune up.

Do post your comment from them so that this forum is aware of and we can do comparison on different SS work quality.

Maul said:
I suggest you talk to the technician to put your request & concern forward before they start work. Check with them, what is their level of confidence on that piece you sending in. Any potential scarring, rivets head flattening ans so forth....! You can quote my experience to them so that they are aware and for the FUTURE GOOD of other xmetal customer sending in for nose tune up.

Do post your comment from them so that this forum is aware of and we can do comparison on different SS work quality.

There's a few of us in SG that has sent multiple pairs for a tune up without any issues.
It could be a one off "suay siao" case for u.

By the way, what's "SS"?

Hi,

wondering if any Singapore members has info on whether Oakley Singapore can do the Juliet tune up and roughly how much would it cost plus turn around time.

Thanks!

Hello Schenk!

when you send in your frames, make sure you remove the lenses and leave them at home. the warranty center will tell you to do that there anyway, as they will not take lenses in, due to disputes with scratches. saves the trouble of carrying around lenses in your hardcase all the way home! =)

I sent in my TiO2 Juliet JT003131 to Oakley warranty singapore. within 2 weeks, it was ready for collection. Workmanship was perfect, not a mark on the frame. rivets were perfectly placed, however were Xmetal rivets. the tiO2's as you know, have POLISHED rivets. I notified them of this and they swapped them immediately.

I have so far sent a romeo2, an XX, 3 juliets and a penny in for a tuneup. the XX and 2 of the juliets had serials, and none were tampered with. to be safe, write the serial on the receipt that they issue you, in the description section, just to be certain. I can understand the nervousness of sending in a serialised pair, especially if it holds significant value to you.

hope you are more confident of their work now that you've heard testimonials. there really is little to worry about. Also as S-Works states, Luxxotica now runs the Warranty center, and there are certain standards that comes with that. before, it was run under a small firm called Larrikin, and I heard a few nightmare stories about that era, but that is long behind us =)

Make sure they use the right rivits. Do check when you are back at the centre to collect the frames after the tune up.

Maul.. Use your brains just a little more.
Kennethekotto, you take pride in de-meaning people and making honest people feel stupid har...! ####GOOD CHAP TO HAVE YOU AROUND IN OUR FORUM####

At least I don't talk **** about my country's service centre. I respect the work they dish out.
And I don't speak when I am clueless or unsure about stuff. I make sure I know my stuff before I open my mouth.

Brip, thks for the assuring vote of confidence. i can send in my other mushy xmetal babies with less worry now, hooray....!

At least I don't talk **** about my country's service centre. I respect the work they dish out.
And I don't speak when I am clueless or unsure about stuff. I make sure I know my stuff before I open my mouth.
Spoke the truth and nothing but the truth. Pls re-digest from page 1 and understand that bad experience i had was based from 2 years ago, then still under Larrikin and i DID HINT that new management like Luxxottica( new warranty centre) will hopefully do a better job and improve. I gave constructive advise, take it if you believe, leave it if you don. Don cry over spilled milk and come agreeing with me months later if my bad incident befall upon you. Don say i didnt say.

S_works, jono and brip, my above comment does it warrant a constructive advice...? Ken, pls kindly go thru from page 1 every single line to see my point of view before you pen down. No offense pls...!

Latest Posts

Back