• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Singapore X Metal Tune Up

I personally had a bad experience with the 'old' Oakley Service centre which was under Larrikin. Sent in my Juliet for a tune up and they didn't fix the rivet properly. Even the washer for the stems were not properly seated. Found the issues only upon closer inspection a few days after an unsettling feeling that the Juliet dun feels right after coming back from the service centre. Glad that is behind me now. The Oakley SG now is directly under Luxotica...just like the rest of the world I guess. And the workmanship has improved by leaps and bounds.

just for reference. Oakley Flex couplers are designed to stretch out to fit to your head. so after some use, they become loose enough to fit on your head with just the right amount of tension.

abuse, contaminants and rough handling will no doubt cause eventual failure to the material.

also, a well cared for pair used by someone with a larger head will always feel loose if your head is smaller than his. Hence the requirement to tune up.

Just for the record i have had 5 Xmetals tuned up so far, all were second hand and came to me loose. the first pair of NEW Xmetal juliets i bought many years ago are still as good as new.

1. Keep em clean, wash regularly. yes, SOAP.

2. Dry it off with a towel. no hair dryers, heaters etc. for obvious reasons. Use compressed air (or a sharp breath of air) to clear out water from the screw holes etc. you dont want water sitting in there..

3. Use the right T-shock for your head. if you are undecided, go with the smaller t-shock size. it may feel a touch loose for those used to sports frames, but the curved earstems means its stays in place. its meant to be COMFORTABLE. I use #15s in all of my frames, and split #15s in half for my Mars.

4. put on/remove with the slide-on method. the easiest way to describe it is prop them like a crown on top of your head,then slide down into position. the key is to NOT overstretch the arms by pushing them straight onto your face from the front.

hopefully this helps some Xmetal users to prolong the lives of their flex couplers. btw, the methods used also prolong the life of Romeo1's lenses, preventing lens cracking. no excessive pressure=no damage/cracks. simple.

Found this post but saw the last post is in 2013. I’m looking for tune up options n Singapore.
can anyone share any recent experience and information on whether Oakley service centre still does this and the price?

Back