1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. thedubs54

thedubs54 Oakley Beginner

So I saw on the Oakley website they have some special edition USC (university of southern California) pairs of sunglasses. I was wondering if anyone knew exactly why they only make USC special edition and no other college edition sunglasses. I understand that Oakley is based out of So Cal but how come they don't make others such as an Oregon Ducks pair would be sik.......just a thought

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

My guess is that there's a few USC grads that work in the upper ranks at Oakley and in the past 5-6 years, USC (under Pete Carroll) has had a very successful/dominating football team.

I'm sure marketing to the number of "fair weather" fans was part of it as well. During that time, EVERYONE in Socal was a USC Trojan fan. Now that the team hasn't been doing as well (Read: Bowl Games), i don't see very many USC supporters... mostly jumping the bandwagon back to (F)UCLA :mrgreen:

These are the ones i have

I'm assuming the one's you're referring to are the two versions of the USC Fuel Cells. While those are nice, they only come in the grey lenses. I prefer Iridium myself.

They have made other special college editions in the past in the XX, Minute, and M Frame lineup: http://www.o-review.com/glassesmodels.a ... te&Sig=Yes

I've never seen them myself and don't know if they did this for other frame styles.

I also know if you go into the Custom section of the Oakley website, they have team colors you can choose from. Look at the Jawbone for example and you can go with a Green/Yellow scheme for your Oregon Ducks :)

Last edited by a moderator: 7/10/14