• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley spine display case

I got my spine for $50. The guy didn't realize what he had. No cord and one of the metal side pieces is broken though.

I got my spine for $50. The guy didn't realize what he had. No cord and one of the metal side pieces is broken though.

C, when you say "one of the metal side pieces is broken though", do you mean one of the main spine "support shafts"? (for lack of a better term). If so, I would be extremely careful with that case or have it fixed as best you could...those shelves are glass and there's some loaded weight there..I'd be a little leery if that were mine.

The cord should be an easy fix.

C, when you say "one of the metal side pieces is broken though", do you mean one of the main spine "support shafts"? (for lack of a better term). If so, I would be extremely careful with that case or have it fixed as best you could...those shelves are glass and there's some loaded weight there..I'd be ua little leery if that were mine.

The cord should be an easy fix.

I would refer to it as the flat metal sheet that comes away from the support staff. (Not sure how to describe it) I attached a photo I pulled from Google since the case is stored in my garage until I can rotate the feet.
I have been looking for a cord with no luck. Also have been searching for the side mirrors.

IMG_2794.PNG

I would refer to it as the flat metal sheet that comes away from the support staff. (Not sure how to describe it) I attached a photo I pulled from Google since the case is stored in my garage until I can rotate the feet.
I have been looking for a cord with no luck. Also have been searching for the side mirrors.

View attachment 281271
Good luck on the mirrors. Lol. Standard 3 prong plug that computers and fame systems use. Radio shack or best buy

Sent from: Outer Space

I would refer to it as the flat metal sheet that comes away from the support staff. (Not sure how to describe it

View attachment 281271

Okay. There are only 2 of those flat metal supports. They act as braces between the base storage cabinet and the display case itself, they keep the case "hovering" over the cabinet. If they fail, the only thing supporting the case are the shelf "ribs" coming off the "spine". I'm sure they are designed to support a large portion of the load, whether they can hold the whole thing I can't say.
I would look into fixing those. I would hate to read on here about you coming home one day and your cabinet had crashed onto the base!
:shock:

I paid $300 for mine this weekend. Been patient. Check Ebay and Craigslist every month for postings in my proximity. Took me 4 years to get it, I got the other 2 case I have within 2 years of each other. Dont know what model names they are...

The white metal with the Female Oakley cursive emblem and the standard black with White lit logo.

Back