• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley SPLICE Replacement Nosepieces/earsocks?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I did the best I could with the pics but they should give you a good idea of how Flak Jacket nose pieces fit the Splice. Even though they aren't an exact fit on the frame they still do well without any issues of them coming off. The feel of the fit is just fine. From the front you can't even tell. Any size nose piece will work so pick what size works for you. Hope this helps. It was nice to be able to wear these again by doing this.

I have to agree, I had the same problem, I have a nice pair of Splice and one of nose pads ended up gone/missing. I tryed doing what was in the pics using the nose pads from the Flack/Half Jackets and worked good for the time being, I used the old Half Jackets nose pads. It looks exactly like in the pics and not a exact match or fix, but it will allow me to wear my Splice again with out anyone really knowing or could tell any difference while I was wearing them and that is awesome! It also don't feel bad on your nose while wearing them pretty comfrontable, in my opion. Thanks for the info so I can fix them and wear them again, while still waiting/looking for a pair of original Splice nose pads/ ear stems to buy. If anyone has original rubbers for Splice please contact me and I will buy them. Thanks for he info worked great!

After years of searching, I've finally found reliable information on these. I've got a pair that I keep mothballed as much as possible because I don't want the parts to wear out. I lost one of my nosepieces quite some time ago, and haven't been able to find suitable replacements anywhere. Even when I looked 6+ years ago I had a hard time locating anything in the US. I had a brainstorm yesterday though that might help. There's this stuff called "Sugru" that's a moldable, silly putty type product that you can mold and shape and in 24 hours, it hardens into a soft, but durable rubber. It's the coolest sh*t ever and has a million different uses. I'd never thought of using it to make nose pads, but I'm going to give it a shot this weekend and see if it works. It's only like $11 and it comes in all different colors so it'd be great for anyone trying to make nose pads or earsocks for most color Oaks. I'll post an update when I have one. And no, I don't work for the company that makes that stuff. Would be cooler if I did though. :grin:

After years of searching, I've finally found reliable information on these. I've got a pair that I keep mothballed as much as possible because I don't want the parts to wear out. I lost one of my nosepieces quite some time ago, and haven't been able to find suitable replacements anywhere. Even when I looked 6+ years ago I had a hard time locating anything in the US. I had a brainstorm yesterday though that might help. There's this stuff called "Sugru" that's a moldable, silly putty type product that you can mold and shape and in 24 hours, it hardens into a soft, but durable rubber. It's the coolest sh*t ever and has a million different uses. I'd never thought of using it to make nose pads, but I'm going to give it a shot this weekend and see if it works. It's only like $11 and it comes in all different colors so it'd be great for anyone trying to make nose pads or earsocks for most color Oaks. I'll post an update when I have one. And no, I don't work for the company that makes that stuff. Would be cooler if I did though. :grin:
It isn't the best... hardens a little too much for my taste and supposedly forms a permanent bond (which isn't true per se). I tried making temple shocks with it. Didn't work well. I would not recommend you put this stuff directly on your frame.

Ahh, good to know. Glad I didn't try it first and wreck my frames. Thanks for the save!!
The good news is that flak nose pads can easily be found for under $10 on eBay. There was also a seller on there selling aftermarket ear sock rubber for splice. I got a set, it's fine for what it is.

Back