• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Split Jackets

pc9460

Oakley Beginner
I was thinking about getting a pair of Oakley Split Jacket sunglasses but the problem is that I am asian so I have a lower nose so regular oakley's don't sit on my nose. I like the split jackets and noticed that they make an "asian fit" version and from what I can tell its just the nose pad/piece that is wider or longer whichever way you look at it, that will extend to sit on my nose. I know you can buy those nose pieces off of ebay. Can I get a regular pair of split jackets and replace the nose pads that are asian fit? I'm only thinking about this to save money since I can get a regular pair at $100 but the asian fits start at $200. Will replacing the nose pads work?

I was thinking about getting a pair of Oakley Split Jacket sunglasses but the problem is that I am asian so I have a lower nose so regular oakley's don't sit on my nose. I like the split jackets and noticed that they make an "asian fit" version and from what I can tell its just the nose pad/piece that is wider or longer whichever way you look at it, that will extend to sit on my nose. I know you can buy those nose pieces off of ebay. Can I get a regular pair of split jackets and replace the nose pads that are asian fit? I'm only thinking about this to save money since I can get a regular pair at $100 but the asian fits start at $200. Will replacing the nose pads work?

The only difference is the nosepads. The asian fit ones come with the larger nosepads installed but all pairs have the large and small ones in the box. Order the standard one and swap to the larger nosepiece when it arrives.

I would try them on first if you can.

I'm Asian and have a very small nose bridge. I have both the Split and the Jawbone and they both fit differently even though they look kinda the same. The Splits have a larger opening for the nose and looks funny on me since I don't have enough nose to hold it. The Jawbone fits my nose better since the opening is smaller but the jaws touch my cheeks. I ended up giving both pairs to my son since they fit him better.

Not sure where you live but I guess I'm lucky since we have a O store here and lots of other retailers who sell Oakley. I'm not rich so I usually go to a retailer to test fit and end up buying online or used. There are a lot of good deals on CL.

Let us know what you end up with.

just call oakley customer care and ask for those nose pieces and they'll send them to you for free.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind

The only difference is the nosepads. The asian fit ones come with the larger nosepads installed but all pairs have the large and small ones in the box. Order the standard one and swap to the larger nosepiece when it arrives.

I would try them on first if you can.

I'm Asian and have a very small nose bridge. I have both the Split and the Jawbone and they both fit differently even though they look kinda the same. The Splits have a larger opening for the nose and looks funny on me since I don't have enough nose to hold it. The Jawbone fits my nose better since the opening is smaller but the jaws touch my cheeks. I ended up giving both pairs to my son since they fit him better.

Not sure where you live but I guess I'm lucky since we have a O store here and lots of other retailers who sell Oakley. I'm not rich so I usually go to a retailer to test fit and end up buying online or used. There are a lot of good deals on CL.

Let us know what you end up with.

I'm going to look at the split jacket's tomorrow and I'll keep in mind the larger nose piece that comes with. I can get some for like $90 at my local Oakley Vault but I don't like how they have the blue jaws and vented lenses... Anybody know where to get a good deal on all black split jackets with black non-vented lenses?

It's unfortunate that the Oakley Ten's don't fit me they rest on my cheeks and don't even touch my nose. I'm in love with those...

I'm going to look at the split jacket's tomorrow and I'll keep in mind the larger nose piece that comes with. I can get some for like $90 at my local Oakley Vault but I don't like how they have the blue jaws and vented lenses... Anybody know where to get a good deal on all black split jackets with black non-vented lenses?

It's unfortunate that the Oakley Ten's don't fit me they rest on my cheeks and don't even touch my nose. I'm in love with those...

Ebay has lower jaws but they are $30 and lenses are $50+ so you gotta factor in those. I thought I could buy em cheap and sell off the lenses to recoup the money but that doesn't work. Unless you have a lens which everyone wants you'll have a hard time selling them for anything more than half of the retail price. Might be better looking for the best deal on the ones you like.

Or you could do what I did. I posted here to trade my jaws for some black ones. I lucked out and a nice member send me some for free. They had some nicks from where his dog chewed them but for the most part they were slight and I sanded and polished away most of them. But I was lucky he was the only one who responded.

Are the Splits you are looking at the Polished Black with the Baby Blue Jaws and Icons? I think those would look awesome with just a Ice lens swap.

The Vault has some good deals. We were in Vegas a few weeks ago and I got a polarized Jawbone for a real good price. Of course it was well handled and didn't come with a box. I would say basically a used pair but with a warranty.

Try the Jawbones too. It looks similar to the Splits. A little more radical but it might fit you better.

Ebay has lower jaws but they are $30 and lenses are $50+ so you gotta factor in those. I thought I could buy em cheap and sell off the lenses to recoup the money but that doesn't work. Unless you have a lens which everyone wants you'll have a hard time selling them for anything more than half of the retail price. Might be better looking for the best deal on the ones you like.

The Vault has some good deals. We were in Vegas a few weeks ago and I got a polarized Jawbone for a real good price. Of course it was well handled and didn't come with a box. I would say basically a used pair but with a warranty.

Try the Jawbones too. It looks similar to the Splits. A little more radical but it might fit you better.

***Jaws are $25 shipped to US/Can for all forum members.

Or you could do what I did. I posted here to trade my jaws for some black ones. I lucked out and a nice member send me some for free. They had some nicks from where his dog chewed them but for the most part they were slight and I sanded and polished away most of them. But I was lucky he was the only one who responded.

Are the Splits you are looking at the Polished Black with the Baby Blue Jaws and Icons? I think those would look awesome with just a Ice lens swap.

Actually I was looking at those same sunglasses. I think the blue is too much for me I prefer my sunglasses frame the same color so I would definetly buy replacement jaws from Oakster. Just need to know how expensive lenses are. I would prefer black non-vented ones or any color polarized non-vented one's as well.

At this route would I just be better off buying the frame, lenses and possibly the jaw separately? Would that be cheaper than getting them all together at the oakley store?

I went through the exact same problem with the Tens, but I actually bought them and had to return them because they were sitting on my cheeks instead on my nose. I ended up purchasing the Alinghi Split Jackets last week when they were on sale at 6pm. I ordered a set of matte black jaws from Oakster. The split jackets fit well (I am asian), but I did have use the included larger nose pads. They are extremely easy to change out and as others mentioned, they are included.

Actually I was looking at those same sunglasses. I think the blue is too much for me I prefer my sunglasses frame the same color so I would definetly buy replacement jaws from Oakster. Just need to know how expensive lenses are. I would prefer black non-vented ones or any color polarized non-vented one's as well.

At this route would I just be better off buying the frame, lenses and possibly the jaw separately? Would that be cheaper than getting them all together at the oakley store?

No, the guys selling frames on Ebay are selling them for more than $100. At least you could try to get some of your money back from selling the stuff you don't need.

Case
Lenses
Jaws

If you sold all of these you could probably make enough to pay off the black jaws and most of the price for the Ice Iridium lens. You could also look into aftermarket lenses. They are cheaper than Oakley ones. But read the posts on them. Some say they are good and some say they suck. I don't have any aftermarket ones but they are tempting since some offer different colors than Oakley.

Hey I was like you before. Black frames, Black lens but since I've been on the board I've started to warm up to the colors. Especially since watching the olympics.

For the frame you are looking at, Ice would be nice but also Positive Red would look neat too since it has red and blue in the lens coloring.

Can I take regular flak jacket xlj's and change the nose piece to the asian fit type ones?

Can I also do this for the new Flak Jacket xlj 2.0's???

I only like the xlj's cause they have bigger lenses for my bigger face.

Latest Posts

Back