• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Split Jackets

Can I take regular flak jacket xlj's and change the nose piece to the asian fit type ones?

Can I also do this for the new Flak Jacket xlj 2.0's???

I only like the xlj's cause they have bigger lenses for my bigger face.

Yup, the Flaks have small and large nose pieces. Even the Fast Jackets have the same pieces as the Flaks. Supposedly the Half Jackets have them too. Fast Jackets might fit you better than the Flaks if you have a larger face.

My local Sunglass Hut had the Fasts on sale cheap. Vaults might have them too.

Yup, the Flaks have small and large nose pieces. Even the Fast Jackets have the same pieces as the Flaks. Supposedly the Half Jackets have them too. Fast Jackets might fit you better than the Flaks if you have a larger face.

My local Sunglass Hut had the Fasts on sale cheap. Vaults might have them too.

How much were the fast jackets?

I think I might consider them but want the xl lenses. So the asian fit nose piece or larger nose piece from the flak's should fit on the fast jackets?

I still might get split jackets but I want to see some photos of people wearing them.

Are the fast jacket's on ebay legit? They seem to be too cheap around in the 120-200 area.... I found a pair of new xl's with polarized for 120 buy it now...

How much were the fast jackets?

I think I might consider them but want the xl lenses. So the asian fit nose piece or larger nose piece from the flak's should fit on the fast jackets?

I still might get split jackets but I want to see some photos of people wearing them.

They were $149.99 + tax. No color choice though. Silver frame with jade and blue iridium lenses.

If you are buying them new both the Flak and Fast Jackets should come with the larger nose pieces.

A lot of people say Ebay is full of fakes. Not sure if they have come out with a fake Fast Jacket yet but for warranty purposes I would buy from a authorized dealer.

You might also consider the Half Jacket 2.0. I reread your above post and you are calling the Flak Jacket XLJ's 2.0 There is no Flak Jacket 2.0

There is a Half Jacket 2.0, Flak Jacket and a Fast Jacket. They look similar but fit differently. Also, there is a discontinued Half Jacket which a lot of people are still selling.

There is a difference between the Half Jacket and the Half Jacket 2.0.

Here is a good Youtube video which shows the differences.

Oakley Reviews Episode 19: Half Frames (Half / Flak / Fast Jackets) - YouTube

They were $149.99 + tax. No color choice though. Silver frame with jade and blue iridium lenses.

If you are buying them new both the Flak and Fast Jackets should come with the larger nose pieces.

A lot of people say Ebay is full of fakes. Not sure if they have come out with a fake Fast Jacket yet but for warranty purposes I would buy from a authorized dealer.

You might also consider the Half Jacket 2.0. I reread your above post and you are calling the Flak Jacket XLJ's 2.0 There is no Flak Jacket 2.0

There is a Half Jacket 2.0, Flak Jacket and a Fast Jacket. They look similar but fit differently. Also, there is a discontinued Half Jacket which a lot of people are still selling.

There is a difference between the Half Jacket and the Half Jacket 2.0.

Here is a good Youtube video which shows the differences.

Oakley Reviews Episode 19: Half Frames (Half / Flak / Fast Jackets) - YouTube

Thank you, will have to try them on in store tomorrow. Do you know if they have that deal going on in store? I saw it for sale on there website.

Thank you, will have to try them on in store tomorrow. Do you know if they have that deal going on in store? I saw it for sale on there website.

For which model? I wouldn't get the discontinued Half Jacket if that's what you were talking about. The Vault site has them on sale but since they are no longer made, eventually they will discontinue selling replacement lenses. If you are looking at Polarized the Vault's Half Jackets are $112 vs $160 for the newer Half Jacket 2.0. You need to watch the pricing as the Vault Stores have different pricing. Go to the Vault and look at the options and how they fit. They had a lot of good stuff on sale. The one I went to had stuff all over the place so make sure you look everywhere, especially the cases. I missed the Jawbones since they were in the case and didn't have a red tag on them. The manager told me they were on sale and had to look up the price.

I was with my wife and kid so I had to hurry but if I was there by myself I would have stayed there a couple of hours. Good luck on your search.

Back