• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Square Wire 2.0 (Springe Hinge) Replacement BIP Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi,

I had been chatting with some members on the discussion forum prior to meeting the exchange rules about replacement custom cut lenses for my Square Wire 2.0 (spring hinge) sunglasses:

Square Wire 2.0 Aftermarket Lenses - Canada

@Chris A Hardaway - we'd spoken about the potential of you cutting some lenses, so I wanted to get in touch now I can access the exchange. I'm unsure if a post here was the best option, or if I should PM you. Let me know!

I've decided I want to go the route of replacing these lenses. Again, it's harder for me to buy donor lenses in Canada, so I think the best option is what you suggested of me mailing you the current ones, with you then buying the lenses, cutting them, installing and sending back. I suppose I could also remove the existing ones before sending - save a little on the weight for shipping costs to you.

I'm 95% sure I want to go with BIP (as opposed to DPP). The reason is that Oakley got back to me with a very generous offer on a new pair that would also allow me to keep the existing ones. I need to find some time to go downtown to the official Oakley store as I'm hoping/assuming they'll stock the full range of frames, and would at least have different types of lenses across different frames. Is that a fair assumption or can some Oakley stores have small ranges? I'm thinking I'd then lean towards something with DPP meaning I could quite happily go with BIP for the square wires and have some different lenses rather than getting the exact same ones. I'd like to go down and decide though before confirming 100% which lenses I want you to use. Perhaps I could still send them in the meantime, or does it take you a while to get the lenses anyway?

Thanks!

Graham.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Hi,

I had been chatting with some members on the discussion forum prior to meeting the exchange rules about replacement custom cut lenses for my Square Wire 2.0 (spring hinge) sunglasses:

@Chris A Hardaway - we'd spoken about the potential of you cutting some lenses, so I wanted to get in touch now I can access the exchange. I'm unsure if a post here was the best option, or if I should PM you. Let me know!

I've decided I want to go the route of replacing these lenses. Again, it's harder for me to buy donor lenses in Canada, so I think the best option is what you suggested of me mailing you the current ones, with you then buying the lenses, cutting them, installing and sending back. I suppose I could also remove the existing ones before sending - save a little on the weight for shipping costs to you.

I'm 95% sure I want to go with BIP (as opposed to DPP). The reason is that Oakley got back to me with a very generous offer on a new pair that would also allow me to keep the existing ones. I need to find some time to go downtown to the official Oakley store as I'm hoping/assuming they'll stock the full range of frames, and would at least have different types of lenses across different frames. Is that a fair assumption or can some Oakley stores have small ranges? I'm thinking I'd then lean towards something with DPP meaning I could quite happily go with BIP for the square wires and have some different lenses rather than getting the exact same ones. I'd like to go down and decide though before confirming 100% which lenses I want you to use. Perhaps I could still send them in the meantime, or does it take you a while to get the lenses anyway?

Thanks!

Graham.
I have a brand new pair of Square wire 2.0 The latest model in Black polarized. Trouble is I am in the UK. But, if you are interested I will post to Canada.

Username Hidden said:
Hi,

Thanks!

Graham.
Sorry, just realised it is the spring hinge you're after.

Username Hidden said:
Sorry, just realised it is the spring hinge you're after.
No problem, thanks for the thought!

So are yours a full pair of the sunglasses (non-spring hinge) in a black frame with BIP lenses, rather than just the lenses?

How much would they be, out of interest? I have relatives coming over from the UK soon, so would at least be interested how the cost compares to cutting new lenses for my existing ones.

Thanks!

Graham.

Username Hidden said:
No problem, thanks for the thought!

So are yours a full pair of the sunglasses (non-spring hinge) in a black frame with BIP lenses, rather than just the lenses?

How much would they be, out of interest? I have relatives coming over from the UK soon, so would at least be interested how the cost compares to cutting new lenses for my existing ones.

Thanks!

Graham.
I have a black frame spring hinge, but the lenses I have are for the new Square wire, which are new BlP. I read your post wrong thinking you had the new style SW's.
Funny that you have relatives coming here soon as my daughter is going to stop with friends in Brooklyn NY lol. We could have done some good deals without customs charges lol.
Chris Hardaway is the way to go if you need CC lenses. I have used him before and the guy is a gent. Looking for ruby for my black frame spring hinge SW's and I will be going to him if I can't find some OEM's. Good luck buddy.

Username Hidden said:
I have a black frame spring hinge, but the lenses I have are for the new Square wire, which are new BlP. I read your post wrong thinking you had the new style SW's.
Funny that you have relatives coming here soon as my daughter is going to stop with friends in Brooklyn NY lol. We could have done some good deals without customs charges lol.
Chris Hardaway is the way to go if you need CC lenses. I have used him before and the guy is a gent. Looking for ruby for my black frame spring hinge SW's and I will be going to him if I can't find some OEM's. Good luck buddy.

Ah, no problem. Yep, it's the square wire 2.0, which are long since discontinued, that I'm looking for replacement lenses in.

Good luck to you too!

Username Hidden said:
Thanks. I am definitely interested if anyone happens to have any new Oakley lenses for the spring hinge square wire 2.0. I gather it's unlikely from a previous discussion (the non spring hinge seem to be a little easier to come by), but would definitely be interested if anyone has any.

Thanks!

Graham.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks. I am definitely interested if anyone happens to have any new Oakley lenses for the spring hinge square wire 2.0. I gather it's unlikely from a previous discussion (the non spring hinge seem to be a little easier to come by), but would definitely be interested if anyone has any.

Thanks!

Graham.
I got a pair from him a couple years ago, unlikely that he still has any but tagged him just in case.

Black Iridium (13-327) and Gold Iridium Polarized (13-485).

Latest Posts

Back