• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Square Wire 2.0 (Springe Hinge) Replacement BIP Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Black Iridium (13-327) and Gold Iridium Polarized (13-485).
Thanks.

So the black iridium are non polarized, is that correct?

I've always had polarized. What sort of difference is there? Could you explain how different it looks and what differences I'd notice?

I wouldn't want the gold as I don't think they'd match my frames.

Just to confirm, both of these are for the spring hinge version of the square wire 2.0? I understand the non spring hinge lenses would leave a marginal gap in spring hinge frames.

How much would it cost for the black iridium lenses if you were to send them to Canada (just outside toronto)? I could maybe have them shipped to a colleague who lives near Syracuse, NY and he could bring them next time he comes over the border, depending how that affects cost. While I'd prefer polarized, I'd consider the regular black iridium depending on cost versus the custom cuts for polarized.

Are they easy enough to switch out myself?

Thanks!

Graham.

Some people reacted to this post.
As far as I know, Square Wire 2.0 and Square Wire 2.0 spring hinge have the exact same lenses but I know others say they aren't. The box does not say spring hinge. I'm in Canada too so shipping would be about $13 as I'm in Alberta. I can sell them for $50 CDN.

Username Hidden said:
As far as I know, Square Wire 2.0 and Square Wire 2.0 spring hinge have the exact same lenses but I know others say they aren't. The box does not say spring hinge. I'm in Canada too so shipping would be about $13 as I'm in Alberta. I can sell them for $50 CDN.
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I've heard they're definitely different.

@SiRacer420 - can you confirm please? I know we'd talked about you having lenses for the square wire 2.0, but you said they were for the non-spring hinge and they'd leave a tiny gap for the spring hinge version. Can you confirm if that's true in this case? If it doesn't say spring hinge on the box, does that mean they won't 100% fit my spring hinge pair?

Thanks!

Graham.

I can confirm a gap with SH lenses in NSH frames. None of my lenses are in boxes so I can't speak to box labels.

I checked those skus on OR but it wasn't much help.

Username Hidden said:
I can confirm a gap with SH lenses in NSH frames. None of my lenses are in boxes so I can't speak to box labels.

I checked those skus on OR but it wasn't much help.
Thanks. I've emailed the warranty department to see if they can answer that question as to which version they are.

Unless anyone happens to have any, then customs cuts with @Chris A Hardaway it is :)

Thanks!

Graham.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks. I've emailed the warranty department to see if they can answer that question as to which version they are.

Unless anyone happens to have any, then customs cuts with @Chris A Hardaway it is :)

Thanks!

Graham.
I have just ordered a pair of Emerald SW hinged lenses from a store in the UK. I think they have Black but not polarized. The pic on the stores site is the Old style SW 2.0 and not the new style but the shop wasn't sure if they are the right ones. Will let you know when they arrive if they are right. If they are, I could buy you a pair and send them to you for postage only. Website. http://www.shadestation.co.uk/Oakley-Sunglasses-Square-Wire-Replacement-Lenses-05-SQWR.html

Unfortunately the warranty department haven't proved too much help...

@SiRacer420 - they said this:
"Those are legit Oakley codes for the Square wire 2.0 either version. The lenses are not different. beware though there are several generations of Square Wire, but if you have the Square Wire 2.0 frame they will fit."

It seems odd that Oakley aren't even aware of the difference. *sigh*

Graham.

Wow really? Let me go open up a frame and a pair of lenses and look again. I'll take pics this time.

I found a couple of pairs that aren't perfect to do some comparisons. SW 2.0 SH Frame with Non SH lenses.

The first picture is BIP, lenses are a bit thicker, or maybe just the bevel is different, idk but they look different around the edges. The second picture is Ice, non polar. The third picture is SH on bottom and Non SH on top. The outside edge matches up perfectly. You can see the inside edge is tapered differently. It's still a very minor gap but it's there. Cannot be seen form the front, only the inside and once on, you can't see it.

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3034.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

Back