• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Square Wire 2.0 (Springe Hinge) Replacement BIP Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
I found a couple of pairs that aren't perfect to do some comparisons. SW 2.0 SH Frame with Non SH lenses.

The first picture is BIP, lenses are a bit thicker, or maybe just the bevel is different, idk but they look different around the edges. The second picture is Ice, non polar. The third picture is SH on bottom and Non SH on top. The outside edge matches up perfectly. You can see the inside edge is tapered differently. It's still a very minor gap but it's there. Cannot be seen form the front, only the inside and once on, you can't see it.

View attachment 247773
View attachment 247774
View attachment 247775

Thanks for doing all that! I really appreciate it.

So the SH you have in the bottom pic are presumably just another set of your own or something? Just checking as I don't think you had any SH lenses to sell, did you?

So just to confirm:
  • The lenses are perfectly held in, and aren't in any danger of falling out?
  • There is no gap from the outside (i.e. other people wouldn't see a gap when looking at you)? Do you have a pic for this btw? No worries if you've already put them back
  • Can you see through the gap from the inside to the outside (while holding them, not while on)? Or is it just that it doesn't line up perfectly with the frame? Hard to tell for sure in the pics
  • You can't see the gap while wearing them?

Did you say you have BIP for sale? What price would you sell them for shipped to Canada (Toronto area)? And out of interest, what about to Syracuse, NY area if I had them shipped to my colleague instead?

Will definitely consider them, depending on the answers to the above. I see they are definitely different, but depends on some of the above whether I'd be willing to give them a shot.

Thanks,

Graham.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Thanks for doing all that! I really appreciate it.

So the SH you have in the bottom pic are presumably just another set of your own or something? Just checking as I don't think you had any SH lenses to sell, did you?

Yep I have several pairs, I just pulled a SH frame and opened it up.

So just to confirm:
  • The lenses are perfectly held in, and aren't in any danger of falling out? Correct, I tightened the screw all the way and they're in there good.
  • There is no gap from the outside (i.e. other people wouldn't see a gap when looking at you)? Do you have a pic for this btw? No worries if you've already put them back. Already put them back but yeah you can only see it from the inside. Nobody would see it when looking at you.
  • Can you see through the gap from the inside to the outside (while holding them, not while on)? Or is it just that it doesn't line up perfectly with the frame? Hard to tell for sure in the pics. It was really hard to capture the gap. It's most visible when holding them up to the light. When holding them to the floor, I had to move it around to see it.
  • You can't see the gap while wearing them? Nope, too close to the face. I went outside to make sure.

Did you say you have BIP for sale? What price would you sell them for shipped to Canada (Toronto area)? And out of interest, what about to Syracuse, NY area if I had them shipped to my colleague instead? Got one set of BIP left. Shipping to Canada is cheaper now so it'll be the same to Canada or NY. $80 shipped. Includes PP fees. That set I used for the test has some minor marks, $50 for those, I'll get pics if you're interested.

Will definitely consider them, depending on the answers to the above. I see they are definitely different, but depends on some of the above whether I'd be willing to give them a shot.

Thanks,

Graham.

Not a problem, I should have taken the pictures a long time ago lol.
Answers in the quote above.

Username Hidden said:
Not a problem, I should have taken the pictures a long time ago lol.
Answers in the quote above.
Thanks!

I'll have a think and let you know asap. But I'm pretty tempted if the only time you could see would be from the inside when holding it up to the light (ie you wouldn't see it under normal use, either from inside or outside).

Can you hold them for now please and I'll decide by tomorrow evening? Just don't want them to disappear before then. Are you shipping from the US?

Thanks!

Graham.

Yep, shipping from the States. I'll hold them for you. I think you'll be happy with them, better than aftermarket for sure!

Username Hidden said:
Yep, shipping from the States. I'll hold them for you. I think you'll be happy with them, better than aftermarket for sure!
Hey,

Decided to go for them please :)

One quick question. Do you happen to have a picture from the outside? Or do they just look the exact same from the outside as the spring hinge lenses look? Is it only on the inside where you can see they don't perfectly line up? I know you said you can't see it from the outside but just wondering how it looks.

These black iridium polarized don't have any marks etc and are new official Oakley, yep?
Just out of interest, do you have any other colours or options for square wire? Or Juliet?

It's pretty easy to switch them out myself, right?

Thanks!

Graham.

Don't have any pics from the front but they look the same. I can take one but I won't be home until this evening.

No marks at all, brand new OEM. I don't remember what all colors I have but the links are in my sig for the threads. Juliet lenses are in the X Metal one.

I'll PM you this evening when I get home.

Username Hidden said:
Don't have any pics from the front but they look the same. I can take one but I won't be home until this evening.

No marks at all, brand new OEM. I don't remember what all colors I have but the links are in my sig for the threads. Juliet lenses are in the X Metal one.

I'll PM you this evening when I get home.
Thanks! Will wait for your PM.

Will have a chat about other available lenses once I get the PM too. Don't think I've been a member long enough yet to start a PM :)

Thanks!

Graham.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks! Will wait for your PM.

Will have a chat about other available lenses once I get the PM too. Don't think I've been a member long enough yet to start a PM :)

Thanks!

Graham.
If you can access the exchange area you can send a PM. ;)

Username Hidden said:
If you can access the exchange area you can send a PM. ;)
Ah, so I can! Thanks :)

Back