• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab

Brettc10

I am Jim Jannard...
Oahu, Hawaii
So I posted i picked one of these Rare cases up last weekend and I called a friend of mine that works with metal. Sent him pictures and he said to bring it over. He is a metal Guru!! I told him I wanted it to stay a little rustic and raw looking. He is a master with metal. He will clean it up. Check and fix the lighting, buff out the plex and matte clear to seal it. Looking forward to see what he will do. I know it will look amazing.
Here are some before pictures and when I pick it up I will post pictures of the finished work.

Case4.JPG
Case3.JPG
Case2.JPG
Case1.JPG
CAse.JPG

Yea problem is a little too rusty towards the bottom and on the bottom. It would ruin the floors or carpet if I did not clean it up.
Even if it is cleared it will still continue to rust.

I also have the strechline and I like it very much, so congrats to yours :)
My question is, where did you find it ? I mean I´ve never see a rusted Strechline before, so the former owner left the Strechline outside ?
It´s a cool rust look by the way

I also have the strechline and I like it very much, so congrats to yours :)
My question is, where did you find it ? I mean I´ve never see a rusted Strechline before, so the former owner left the Strechline outside ?
It´s a cool rust look by the way
Yea I remember seeing yours. Looks to be in near perfect condition. Very nice.

This one I found local on CL. I found it shortly as it was listed. The previous owner said it was in the garage and never outside.
Clearly it got wet or was in a damp area. Surface rust was a little heavier at the bottom.

Can't wait to see what my friend will do with it.

Personally I am loving that weathered look. If you are really interested in preserving that rusted look... "Modern Masters has a clear coat that will stop the rust from further oxidizing. They call it Permacoat Xtreme which is an all-in-one water base, clear non-yellowing, protective sealer and topcoat designed to work over Metal Effects Rust Activated Iron Paint. This innovative clear coat chemically arrests the oxidized metal finish, minimizing any further corrosion, and then self-crosslinks to create a weather resistant barrier"

Last edited:
an all-in-one water base, clear non-yellowing, protective sealer and topcoat designed to work over Metal Effects Rust Activated Iron Paint. This innovative clear coat chemically arrests the oxidized metal finish, minimizing any further corrosion, and then self-crosslinks to create a weather resistant barrier

Did you copy and paste that from their marketing description? :D

Back