1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

So I posted i picked one of these Rare cases up last weekend and I called a friend of mine that works with metal. Sent him pictures and he said to bring it over. He is a metal Guru!! I told him I wanted it to stay a little rustic and raw looking. He is a master with metal. He will clean it up. Check and fix the lighting, buff out the plex and matte clear to seal it. Looking forward to see what he will do. I know it will look amazing.
    Here are some before pictures and when I pick it up I will post pictures of the finished work.

Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab - Case4.JPG Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab - Case3.JPG Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab - Case2.JPG Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab - Case1.JPG Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab - CAse.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Medusa50

Medusa50 Oakley Expert

:dance2:There's something kinda Mad Max post apocalyptic charm the way it is. Pop a few Mars in there and some OTTS and you will have an eye catching case no matter what! Good luck. I will "O"wait your response.

thisguy and Brettc10 like this.
  3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Very cool case!

Brettc10 likes this.
  4. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

Yea problem is a little too rusty towards the bottom and on the bottom. It would ruin the floors or carpet if I did not clean it up.
    Even if it is cleared it will still continue to rust.

5. TRNO

TRNO Oakley Beginner

Great job

Brettc10 likes this.
  6. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

I also have the strechline and I like it very much, so congrats to yours :)
    My question is, where did you find it ? I mean I´ve never see a rusted Strechline before, so the former owner left the Strechline outside ?
    It´s a cool rust look by the way

Brettc10 likes this.
  7. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

Yea I remember seeing yours. Looks to be in near perfect condition. Very nice.

This one I found local on CL. I found it shortly as it was listed. The previous owner said it was in the garage and never outside.
    Clearly it got wet or was in a damp area. Surface rust was a little heavier at the bottom.

Can't wait to see what my friend will do with it.

xmetal40 and YakuzaFloralGangsta like this.
  8. RoTors

RoTors Oakley Expert Premium Member

Looking forward to the finished pics!

Love the looks of the stretchline.

"Trump", Married92102 and Brettc10 like this.
  9. Dennis Panlilio

Dennis Panlilio Oakley Expert Premium Member

Personally I am loving that weathered look. If you are really interested in preserving that rusted look... "Modern Masters has a clear coat that will stop the rust from further oxidizing. They call it Permacoat Xtreme which is an all-in-one water base, clear non-yellowing, protective sealer and topcoat designed to work over Metal Effects Rust Activated Iron Paint. This innovative clear coat chemically arrests the oxidized metal finish, minimizing any further corrosion, and then self-crosslinks to create a weather resistant barrier"

Last edited: 8/28/15
    Brettc10 likes this.
  10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Did you copy and paste that from their marketing description? :D