• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab

This is incredible I just bought the same stuff. They also sell an acid blocking primer, metal effects rust paint, activator and the top coat sealer. The paint weighs a ton and has iron particles in it. It's about as thick as wheel bearing grease. Probably toxic but wtf you only live once! The permasealer works great and does inhibit further oxidation. Dr. Chop recommended! :focus: I'm making a lab door to enter my Oakley Vault at home. Stay Tuned. It's siiiiick!

Well this has been a while but I just got the case back today. Yes it took about 5 1/2 months for my friend to finish it. Most of the time it sat in his shop. What can I do when he did it for free. They have been super busy thru the holidays and early part of the year.
He worked on it in between projects and I picked it up today. Looks amazing.
Pictures to come.........

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455172819.540487.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455172846.672530.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455172858.724169.jpg

So from what he told me he took most of the rust off of the case and then used a metal polish. It gives the metal this Blue/Black really deep look to it. Then he Cleared the whole case to seal it. Put in new lighting and transformer in the top.
Polished out what he could of the Plexi doors and added new feet on the bottom. I have to get some new graphics made for the top. Those were shot when I got the case. I have one from the side but it is pretty trashed.
I will create some new graphics myself and have some duratrans printed for the sides and back. I think I will keep is simple. Maybe black with a scattered "O" for the sides and the Oakley name on the back also with a black background.

This is one of the cases I thought I would never find at a good price.

Back