• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab

They did make a cube which are even more rare than these are.
Maybe @CarGuy can post a picture of his.
Those are very cool.
If memory serves these singlewides were made by a supplier called Fabcon and production qty was in the 80's. The cubes are even rarer and for whatever reason both of mine were wired for 240v.
20160213_131810.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to take the Plex on the sides and back out?

@CarGuy
@LinusOBerlin
@Dyeraudio

I know you three have this case.

It looks like the inside shelf rails would need to come out but how? Just wondering if you guys or another member knew before I dig deeper.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how to take the Plex on the sides and back out?

@CarGuy
@LinusOBerlin
@Dyeraudio

I know you three have this case.

It looks like the inside shelf rails would need to come out but how? Just wondering if you guys or another member knew before I dig deeper.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I have not had to remove the plexiglass. Is it so scratched that you can't polish then in place?

I don't have one of those so I was waiting for those that do to chime in before offering my .02...

The design looks similar to the (so-called) x-metal singlewide. IDK know if the assembly is the same, but I can share how it worked on mine and perhaps there's some relevance to yours...

Basically you have to remove the top. the rivets at the corners, some are decorative while others are bolts. Mine didn't have a top cover on the top, but if you remove that you should be able to see the inside face of those corners and which rivets are actually bolts. Unbolt them and the top can be slid off in an upward direction. The bottom panel of the top has some cutouts that hold the shelf brackets in place, so those come loose once you loosen the top.

I didn't remove the plexiglass on mine but I'd suspect once the top is removed, the panels can be removed by sliding them up.

A word of caution, those rivet bolts are aluminum and can strip or snap very easily, you have to treat them carefully and don't overtighten...

Again, don't know if all that's the same with your stretchline, but hopefully it's of some use...

I don't have one of those so I was waiting for those that do to chime in before offering my .02...

The design looks similar to the (so-called) x-metal singlewide. IDK know if the assembly is the same, but I can share how it worked on mine and perhaps there's some relevance to yours...

Basically you have to remove the top. the rivets at the corners, some are decorative while others are bolts. Mine didn't have a top cover on the top, but if you remove that you should be able to see the inside face of those corners and which rivets are actually bolts. Unbolt them and the top can be slid off in an upward direction. The bottom panel of the top has some cutouts that hold the shelf brackets in place, so those come loose once you loosen the top.

I didn't remove the plexiglass on mine but I'd suspect once the top is removed, the panels can be removed by sliding them up.

A word of caution, those rivet bolts are aluminum and can strip or snap very easily, you have to treat them carefully and don't overtighten...

Again, don't know if all that's the same with your stretchline, but hopefully it's of some use...
Thank you, but if you are talking about the Aluminum Single wide then this is completely different. I have a few of those and have changed the plexi. The top on this case will not come off. It is all one piece.

Looks as tho the Sun Dial piece where the light would come thru can be removed but that is just a square piece and does nothing for the sides or back. Some how I am pretty sure the shelf racks in each corner inside have to come out in some way.

If no one chimes in I will look a bit more at it this weekend.

Again thanks for your input.

Sorry, I have not had to remove the plexiglass. Is it so scratched that you can't polish then in place?
I can but in the corners there is still some of the blue plex protective covering and I can see it. Drives me crazy.

@LinusOBerlin did you have yours shipped to you?
Was it in pieces? I thought I remember you posting something about that.

Back