• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Stretchline Display - Re-hab

OK just in case anyone ever needs to know how to remove the plex from these cases. The only way is to remove the 4 shelf racks on the 4 corners inside the case. It took me a while to figure it out but what you do is "Flex" (bow) them in.
I have to say it freaked me out a little thinking they would bend. They don't have to flex too much but that is how you do it. The side plex on mine is a little worse than I thought. I may have to replace those.
No my problem is I can't get the back plex out. It fits perfect in the back. Touches both side so there is not room to bend (flex) it out. Now that has me stumped. At least it is the back, but still.
So I was not able to spray some clear inside those areas now to protect from anything wanting to rust.
Now waiting on my new graphics to get done.

Well it has been a while but the display is finished. Most of the rust has been taken off then clear coated. Next replaced Plexi door and sides. I decided to go with matte black in the back. I personally like the way it looks. I have done that to most of my cases and cubes. Really makes the glasses or whatever you have in the case pop out more.
Next I made all new graphics for the sides and back. Had that printed on Duratrans.
I love the look of this case and can't wait to fill it up. That will be another few months since I am moving in the next couple of months. So that will have to wait but at least it is ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc8f5c0d4bf37dd862c4c0ab754c3135.jpg
8ad963bc809e4c33d62139afb2c9f805.jpg
8d6c88aa6d7feb073dd75d74058e022d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back