• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley sunglass exchange question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a nice pair of cobalt blue frames. They need some new +red lenses. I'm going to get some cut someday.

I still have a nice pair of cobalt blue frames. They need some new +red lenses. I'm going to get some cut someday.
Nice! I've been hearing of people getting lenses cut. What's up with that? Can you get them cut for any style/color?

Nice! I've been hearing of people getting lenses cut. What's up with that? Can you get them cut for any style/color?
Mostly. The key is finding a current model donor lens that has enough space to allow you to cut it to the exact size for the model you need lenses for. Its best to try and maintain the same base curve when possible as well.

Yep. I've had jade, chrome, pink, +red, OO red and G40 photochromic cut for Juliet, none of which were available for it ex-factory.

Do you have an idea of what donor lens I would need for the Sub Zero, or the name of a vendor I could ask?
I'm not sure there is a donor for a sub zero but the people to ask would be xmetalmaniac Infinite Hero and some others. Just do a search for lens cutting and I'm sure you'll find references to several members

Yup lots of members on here can cut lenses and do a great job at it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back