• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley & Surefire- Cut From The Same Cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLEZ

Oakley Enthusiast
I'm a huge Surefire devotee and an Oakley X Metal head as well. Anyone else ?

I've owned a half dozen handheld lights. I have a 6PX and a couple G2's that stuck around.

I'm in the market for a new weapon light. It will likely be a Surefire - either their Scout type lights or a G2X.

Try the olight warrior.....950 lumens cree led technology,and half the price.this thing is a flamethrower,surefire cant touch this flashlight.

Try the olight warrior.....700 lumens cree led technology,and half the price

I've got the Maverick. I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like the light, especially for the $. I have not run it hard / abused it to speak of (yet).

On the topic of SF lights, though; what's the best place to buy one?

I have an e1b in my Kriss Vector, too

The workmanship is amazing......comes with a nice case and carry case and you can mount to a weapon,ive got it in my remington 887 tactical shotgun.i run 3 1/2 nitromag 00 buck for my home defence choice.....absolutely devistating....

The workmanship is amazing......comes with a nice case and carry case and you can mount to a weapon,ive got it in my remington 887 tactical shotgun.i run 3 1/2 nitromag 00 buck for my home defence choice.....absolutely devistating....

:shock:

LOL why pull the trigger twice?

Randy Wakeman convinced me #1 was the way to go... Home Defense Shotgun Ammo

I absolutely hate multi-level lights for defensive use.

I totally agree - it's the biggest gripe of my E1B. The Maverick, on the other hand, is programmable. I have mine set on high output, single level.

Two levels I can deal with. The E1B is supposed to be a daily carry light. When you're rooting around in the cords under your desk at work 500 lumens is too much.

But I want a light that will default BACK to its highest setting or have a physical manipulation to change intensities. The whole twisting the head ring back and forth thing is STUPID. Cycling through moonlight and 20 lumens and 70 lumens and 125 lumens and 250 lumens and strobe and SOS is ABSOLUTELY RETARDED. But it seems like companies are trying to cram as many modes into their lights as they can.

2 maybe 3 modes for a casual/daily carry light, sure. ONE MODE AND BRIGHT AS THE SUN is all I will use for a weapon light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back