• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ten Vs Pit Bull

I just got the pitbulls at sunglass hut. I really like them. This forum really helped me in deciding to go with the pitbulls. I got the polished black with iridium lens polarized. I was wondering do I need to get the hydro pen coating to protect the lenses that I see on oakleys site.. Also I got a free sunglass hut glass cleaning kit. Would it be alright to clean my new oakleys with that kit or should I get the oakley cleaning solution? Thanks for all your help. The guy at sunglass hut said they do not carry the hydro pen solution yet.

Glad you like the Pit Bull's. I hope I will like them as well.

As for the Hydro pen. It's not really necessary unless you plan on wearing your sunglasses in high humidity climates or places that has a lot of rain such as certain areas of Florida and such. It's not really necessary IMO. I will never buy the pen I don't like how Oakley did away with the coating they used to put on the lens to make more money with the pen. Kind of upsets me but I guess you know Oakley, they always need more money. :lol: :roll:

haha i totally agree with you the pen is just away for them to make more money. its pointless really but hey thats just what they do right. as for the lens cleaner you should b fine, its actually the same stuff that oakley sells really. if your worried about it just read over the bottle and make sure there is no alcohol or ammonia in it and you will be fine

oakleyguy7 said:
haha i totally agree with you the pen is just away for them to make more money. its pointless really but hey thats just what they do right. as for the lens cleaner you should b fine, its actually the same stuff that oakley sells really. if your worried about it just read over the bottle and make sure there is no alcohol or ammonia in it and you will be fine

I use some eyeglass cleaner I purchased with another brand of sunglasses a few years back. Seems to work ok.

I have one quick question I know it's off topic here but I wanted to know, is it safe to use warm water or Windex to clean your sunglasses? I've used them for years on cheap sunglasses, Television, Computer Monitor ect.

Just was wondering what you're opinion was on those cleaners.

Oh yea I've also used the Best Buy cleaner that came with my Laptop I purchased from them. :mrgreen:

Sorry for the off topic post I've actually been wondering this for awhile now myself.

NEVER use windex! it will destroy your lenses. you have the iridium coating on them and there is alcohol and ammonia in windex. that stuff will start to peel off your lenses and ruin your awesome oakleys. you could use water but again its not gonna give you the same clean. the computer cleaner might be ok but id still rather be safe then sorry and just grab the oakley cleaner its 10 bucks or sunglass hut cleaner they are the same stuff. hope that helps you out man

ehh off topic but important.

Oh ok, thanks. Yea I only use Windex on dollar store glasses and such. I have a set of sunglass cleaner from "Revision". It seems very high quality. I will pick up some Oakley lens cleaner next time I go to the vault. :)

Glad I found this thread. I tried a pair of the Pit Bull's and actually the fit is not bad at all. A tad big of a frame tho. I have somewhat of a small to medium size face. I currently wear the monster pup's.

Back