• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ti/Ti Timebomb: Should I (how Do I) Attempt A Polish Job?

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
Everyday I look at my poor timebomb, sitting on its perch all scratched and sad. I am contemplating embarking on a mission to breathe new life into it...I want to polish it.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? I am thinking of going to a watchmaker and having him remove all of the internals and store them safely for me.

My biggest worry is of course destroying the watch in the process, but I think it's a risk i am willing to take. The face also has a few scratches so that is also something I am hoping to remedy.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

get my brand new outer case and bracelet, then you don't have to remove anything but the plastic anti scratch stuff and do magic....I also have a brand new spare mineral crystal too

well isnt that convenient! ;-)

I may have to work a deal to get those MDs done and snatch the case off of you.

In the interm...I still need advice!

well, you can absolutely polish it yourself. They are done from the factory, so that's a no brainer...Visit caswell for all info on supplies. They have metal specific kits and so on...Or a jeweler can also do it, but that's no fun. I think though, removal of the internals isn't hard, but they are so small I would be afraid of screwing them up...Hell, I would honestly powdercoat one if I had all the parts to complete what I have.

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/index.html

I have a buddy who can do it for you also if you would rather not do it your self. He's a well respected member on o-review, he did my time tank and it turned out awesome.

someone posted a link to some metal refurbishing cleaner solution thing for watches? it was quite amazing, even handles Matte finishes, and restores them amazingly. cant remember the name, but probbaly worth a shot.

There is a dude in Philly that does it for like a yard and a half ($150 for you non betting types) but if your asking for advice on doing your self I would have no clue...

Thanks everyone!

Ive decided that my timebomb would not be the ideal piece to guinea pig. I am going to fire up my dremel on a single frame stand I have and see what happens.

Hello ! Do you have any update on your trip ? Years later, I have the same questions for my timebomb, all scratched up

Thanks

Back