• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Time Bomb II Watch and Juliet Collector's Set?

Interesting.

That's the second one I've seen on eBay. The other one is from some overpriced maniac.

Supposedly this batch is from the last few juliets made. I forget the whole story but I've also picked this set up. I don't know who else here has them as I believe the thoughts are the price point was set pretty high.

The difference with those vs. the 10th anniversary edition is that those do not have the date marker at the 6 hour area. Also those do not have the red lines in design unlike the 10th anniv one. From what I have been researching is that it is supposed to be an Ichiro collector set that is why 51 only were made. At the number 6 hour was supposed to be the Ichiro signature but for some reason they did not push thru in completing it. The Juliet that goes with those are the latest generation with sku carbon with black iridium polarized lenses nothing special. Retail was $3500.

I would prefer the 10th anniversary edition over those. Just my 2 Oakley Penny.

The difference with those vs. the 10th anniversary edition is that those do not have the date marker at the 6 hour area. Also those do not have the red lines in design unlike the 10th anniv one. From what I have been researching is that it is supposed to be an Ichiro collector set that is why 51 only were made. At the number 6 hour was supposed to be the Ichiro signature but for some reason they did not push thru in completing it. The Juliet that goes with those are the latest generation with sku carbon with black iridium polarized lenses nothing special. Retail was $3500.

I would prefer the 10th anniversary edition over those. Just my 2 Oakley Penny.
I also heard that this was supposed to be tied Ichiro, but it didn't pan out for one reason or another. It could have something due with his trade to the Yankees and no longer wearing #51....but that is just speculation as I am not sure if the release date of this set, was before or after his trade to the Yankees.

That trade was a big deal here in Seattle... The guy was a huge boost to the city's moral. That said I can't see myself spending extra money in anything just because it has his name on it. There are some awesome iIchiro pairs out there and some amazing iIchiro collections. Just not my cup of joe.

The glasses being standard carbon/BI 04-148 kills this for me, let alone at these prices. I think the Time Bomb/TBII is Oakley's best-designed watch but I'd only be in for this with unique glasses.

Seemed to me to be a vehicle to purge the last TB2's from inventory and use up some C6 boxes in the process while squeezing value from them. There appeared to be an excess of C6 presentation cases because they have been available on the secondary market for over a year now. And what was the color way that was remaining at the end of the Juliet run? Carbon/BIP as I recall.
To me it seemed like a way to package up some inventory on the books and move it out while maximizing their value. Shame they didn't do more with this set!

Back