• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley to stop making watches by years end....

Yes, watches are discontinued. What I have been hearing from my superiors at work is that we are going all "digital." What that entails I don't know, but I'm assuming it will likely be some sort of Bluetooth or smart technology.

Not sure how much of what i am going to suppose by the next statement is true but look at reebok. Maybe they were still strong from their heyday (back when i was younger) but them teaming up with MMA and bring new light to their company will help. Oakley as far as i knew was never known (to me ) for their clothing. Even worse now is i can't fit anything a "normal" person wears.. lol..

What I have been hearing from my superiors at work is that we are going all "digital." What that entails I don't know, but I'm assuming it will likely be some sort of Bluetooth or smart technology.
To my knowledge Oakley doesn't have a great track record with electronics- Razrwire, Thump, Airwave/ Recon goggles - so they are going to kill what appears to be a viable category and chase a historically less viable one???

To my knowledge Oakley doesn't have a great track record with electronics- Razrwire, Thump, Airwave/ Recon goggles - so they are going to kill what appears to be a viable category and chase a historically less viable one???
Wasn't as profitable supposedly. Idk 80% markup seems to me is money haha

"And in business news, Oakley drops it's watch line, but not before releasing a few more pieces of $hit like the Killswitch and Bottlecap."

The Killswitch was the etiology of my Oakley watch obsession! I love it with a white face and bold black letters. At first the interchangeable bezel was a joke, but now I look forward to accessorizing it around my mood or outfit. I have the Carbon Fiber Titanium version to match my Gearbox (my 1st actual purchase). For half-off I couldn't resist a red-faced Bottlecap as a 'beater' watch with Sapphire crystal.

I'm sad to see the watches go, but wasn't sad about the 40-50% off that's for sure.

I'm glad to say I was able to find an automatic Gearbox, and it will be the crown jewel of my Oakley collection. I don't plan on pursuing the MM anymore as I've just grown away from it. All that said, I am concerned about the automatic needing service as most manual watches do--- maybe the 2824-2 movement can simply be worked on by most watch places---who knows.

The Killswitch was the etiology of my Oakley watch obsession! I love it with a white face and bold black letters. At first the interchangeable bezel was a joke, but now I look forward to accessorizing it around my mood or outfit. I have the Carbon Fiber Titanium version to match my Gearbox (my 1st actual purchase). For half-off I couldn't resist a red-faced Bottlecap as a 'beater' watch with Sapphire crystal.

I'm sad to see the watches go, but wasn't sad about the 40-50% off that's for sure.

I'm glad to say I was able to find an automatic Gearbox, and it will be the crown jewel of my Oakley collection. I don't plan on pursuing the MM anymore as I've just grown away from it. All that said, I am concerned about the automatic needing service as most manual watches do--- maybe the 2824-2 movement can simply be worked on by most watch places---who knows.
I'm sure @shofzr can answer your question about "most watch places" servicing your auto watch.

Back