• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tombstone - New Zero style glasses system

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Has anyone posted on these yet?

TheFirearmBlog claims this is an exclusive. It's a look at the Oakley Tombstone as a new ballistic shooting pair.

P1030002-660x495.jpg

P1030005-390x293.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-01-12-at-2.14.58-PM-390x220-2.png

$180 for a pair, $235 for a 3-lens array.

Source: TFB EXCLUSIVE Sneak Peek: Oakley “Tombstone” shooting glasses (VIDEO) - The Firearm Blog

I know a new Zero(-esque) pair was mentioned in the rumors forum, but no one ever posted details. I won't say they're looking so original, but considerably more refined than Smith's Pivlock, which I've been considering as the top-of-crop of frameless pairs for the past few years.

My big issue with the Pivlock was, as much as I considered the swapping system to be the best I've ever used, it could wear the lenses over time. Add that the Tombstone is seemingly solving that, and coming with the better Oakley rubber imo, I think it's gonna be an incredible pair. It definitely fits the original M workhorse profile better than the M2.

One thing to note if you didn't watch the video- these were designed with direct input from the AMU - Army Marksmanship Unit. They are perennial contenders in just about every shooting sport and discipline. Service rifle, high power, skeet, pistol bullseye, ISPC/USPSA, 3-gun, etc. They're also top quality instructors.

Definitely competition and performance based, rather than durability and safety of the Ballistic M Frames from the last few years.

But not at all going to be winning any fashion awards. I suspect the bulk of the forum will not be fans.

As mentioned, it's not exactly the prettiest thing, but it looks like it would perform superbly.

Back