• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley - Tour De France Photos

At a sportsbars eating lunch today, this was on. Pretty sure I only saw Oakleys being worn.
Certainly the majority but there are other brands at play as well (POC and Rudy Project are two that sponsor big teams). But yes,mostly Oakleys.

All this talk about Jawbreakers....here's a sweet frame

860d6057027a7f0fae19c14bcb2a4056.jpg

Certainly the majority but there are other brands at play as well (POC and Rudy Project are two that sponsor big teams). But yes,mostly Oakleys.

There's also BBB (low-end of the spectrum), believe Smith sponsors some non-Pro Tour teams, and Ekoi (open mold shared with Endura, Spyder, and Catlike). I think Scott sometimes provides their own eyewear as well. Zero Rh+ covers Contador's U23(?) Foundacion team.

For the most part, as much as people say Oakley is unexciting, a lot of eyewear featured in cycling is really meh. Some open molds, simple or redundant profiles, maybe only POC is actually running a proper taper/prism since they're working with Zeiss. Many brands are still slow to adapt to "extended vision" cuts.

I'm not sure if Briko is still in the mix, but they've had memorable stuff on and off with Cipollini. Their current designs are interesting. Look way better on face than sitting. Shot Evo's look awesome.

Back