• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley "Trunk Sale"

Mervillian

Oakley Expert
A local optometry store is having what they are calling a "trunk sale" tomorrow. I asked today what that means and they indicated that the rep will be in with the entire line that Oakley makes and each purchase will come with a "free gift".

Has anyone been to something like this? Is the free gift anything significant or something otherwise unavailable?

the ones i been to are basically rep sample sales which is basically a garage sale for the store and the reps. there will usually be great bargains but nothing like rep exclusive or such. sometimes you luck out and get $50 x-metals but they only usually have a few. the gifts tend to be whatevers in their kit whether it be promotional baseballs, grips or any items they need to get rid of to make way for next two seasons stock.

let us know what your experience is like.

Thanks. Unfortunately I was told there was going to be no further discounts other than the free gift. My buddy is going as he wants a pair of Chainlinks and hasn't been able to track them down locally yet. Unfortunately, I am unable to go, but he is going to keep an eye out for me for anything vintage or unique.

If reps are involved and it's not a sample sale, it's always a free gift as Oakley never wants to represent their brand as being "on sale". We've run a few different OCP events (including an OCP at COP event... that will probably only make any sense to TOWNSNBN). We have a pretty huge event coming up in a few weeks and as per usual we're not permitted to run any sort of a sale.

So to update what happened: the Oakley rep left at about 4:00, before my buddy got there and before either of us got off work. So he wasn't able to pick up the Chainlinks he is after. I'm glad I didn't delay my travel plans for the weekend.

The prizes/gift was a plinko type game where the prizes were Iphone cases, t-shirts, backpacks and perhaps other items. The store staff did hook him up with a left over t-shirt which he said he'd throw my way (as he owes me a few bucks from lunch the other day).

So no big loss, but might be interesting if you can go while the rep is there.

Back