• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tune Up - UK

That's poor. Never had a problem, but also not had to send in one of the more valuable frames yet. Might need a different strategy...

Good luck in getting it all sorted.

Cheers Guys. I'm trying to find out before I send them back in for an assessment of the bridge issue, if it is even possible to put it right. Any advice would be appreciated from the techs. Thanks

I've never had a problem with them but after seeing this I may not send in a par any more. Is it a case of now replacement parts are becoming a minimum they are just throwing it through and not really caring any more?

There's no excuse for the damage or loss though! I hope you get a solution to the issues!

Thank
I've never had a problem with them but after seeing this I may not send in a par any more. Is it a case of now replacement parts are becoming a minimum they are just throwing it through and not really caring any more?

There's no excuse for the damage or loss though! I hope you get a solution to the issues!
Thanks Marc, I hope so !

Cheers Guys. I'm trying to find out before I send them back in for an assessment of the bridge issue, if it is even possible to put it right. Any advice would be appreciated from the techs. Thanks
If it can't be put right, do you have a matching nose from a bog-standard pair you could swap in? Would be less distressing to me if the JCs were sound and a BI or some such pair had the damage. Not that I'd trust them to get that right on this evidence...

I feel for you. I had a hideous experience late last year getting a tune that went wrong with Oakley Japan. They trashed the frame so badly they wouldn't even show it to me or return the parts! Long, long argument ensued. End of the day, my Juliet plasma emerald matching full set became a Badman. Which I sold. For less than I paid for the Juliet.

If it can't be put right, do you have a matching nose from a bog-standard pair you could swap in? Would be less distressing to me if the JCs were sound and a BI or some such pair had the damage. Not that I'd trust them to get that right on this evidence...
I did consider that option, but the colour difference may be apparent as the frames do vary, but it's a possibility for sure.

I've seen a few horror stories like these for the past few months, where tune ups get stuffed up and pairs got 'lost'. It looks as if Oakley trainees are running the show around the world and the old school technicians have gone into retirement. So sorry to see you got the raw end of the deal.... i'm just thankful I do my own tune ups and don't have to trust some random tool with my treasure.

The nose bridge for the carbon looks like cosmetic damage (which sucks) but at least it's not a fracture or broken bridge. Send it to someone competent and either swap the bridge or push the pin back so as to not stick out like a sore thumb. Carbon frames don't vary in color too significantly unless JC juliets are polished carbon....

I feel for you. I had a hideous experience late last year getting a tune that went wrong with Oakley Japan. They trashed the frame so badly they wouldn't even show it to me or return the parts! Long, long argument ensued. End of the day, my Juliet plasma emerald matching full set became a Badman. Which I sold. For less than I paid for the Juliet.
That is horrible to hear and this kind of service may be more common than we think. Such a shame pal!

:cry: is how I feel for you right now.

That's incompetence at its best.
Cheers Frank. I've send a full letter of complaint but the damage is done, and as for losing a frame, it's shocking :(

Latest Posts

Back