• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tune Up - UK

I don't mind shipping them out, just didn't know about you at the time. They are nice and tight now, but after seeing your work no more pairs are going to Oakley...

[From a fly on the wall at Oakley UK...]

"Ay, we got us some Juliets to tune up, where's Walter?"

"The mate's been skiving off the past three months 'cause he had bugger-all to do, don't you know?"

"I'm gobsmacked; what a c0ck up..."

(The janitor, overhearing this, chimes in...)

"Don't lose the plot; I can do the job just as well as that wanker..."

"Brilliant! Here you go..."

(At the tuneup lab...)

"Let's see I just put this here and that there and give this thing a good twist..."

(Juliet snaps in half...)

"Oh bollocks, what a damp squib, this is going all to pot! I know - this pair got "lost", it's all hunky-dory, I'm sure to ace the next one..."

(Second pair, pin goes in but too far and deforms nosebridge...)

"Now I'm getting the hang of it, this is the bee's knees..."

(Second pin goes in okay, third pair completed successfully...)

"Blinding job! I'll be getting me a raise for this; no more chundering expired spam - it's scrummy bangers and mash in my future..."

(Gives package for return shipping...)

"Here it is ready to go, not talking tosh mate..."

"Brilliant - the job's yours from now on... Cheers!!!"

Sounds like a legit British conversation right there, you'd blend right in where I work, guv'nor :D

Edit: just checked that link you posted too... It's scary how many of them I actually say almost on a daily basis, brilliant!

Last edited:
Unfortunate deal for sure but Marcus' situation with his stolen 24K XS and Juliets is still the clear "winner". He sent to them simply to install new lenses (since they won't just sell them to you, they insist on sending the pair to them...) and they went missing inside the CA service facility. I once sent in a pair of XX and they came back with one orbital reversed which The X Man made right.

Haha, two peoples divided by a common language!
Indeed!

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to @THE X-MAN for correcting the mistake by Oakley UK which crushed the back of the bridge. I feared it may have been too late for this pair, but it is now back to its former glory and a tighter tune I have never seen! Most appreceated Mark :)

Last edited:
Back