• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Tune Up

He doesn't replace the rubbers does he? Isn't that part of the oakley service?

Welcome to the forum.

Oakley is/has discontinuing/ed their x-metal service (depending on remaining replacement parts), and, in the meantime, their turnaround time and quality of work has suffered.

But @THE X-MAN independently reverse-engineered the method for a tuneup. Once upon a time, he had some forum help when he ran into a wall, to answer specific questions about the construction. But he figured out how to do nosebridge tightening that surpasses what was done OEM, and now he provides a highly valued service for all takers. And he takes care of hinge gaskets and does refinishes, too... I, among many, have used his services and his work is fast and top-notch. It may be a business for him, but he cares about your satisfaction with his work, more so than Oakley...

Replacing rubbers is something anybody can do, if you have a replacement set; no special skills necessary. Some are still available from Oakley. Once you qualify for the exchange, you may be able to get OEM rubbers that have been discontinued at a fair, going rate. Otherwise, buy your rubbers from LineGear...

Thanks for the info. I'm likely to have to send my x squares in for new rubbers and some tightening very soon, so having to qualify to be eligible for the exchange isn't going to work out for me. I have no idea how I qualify either.

I'll keep Xman in mind for future. Anytime you can, I would agree you'd get better service from a small business from a guy with a passion for what he does.

Again, thanks for your perspective.

Exchange access is granted after 15 posts AND two weeks as a member. Or one can get in immediately by becoming a premium member.

You can do business with the x-man at any time, outside of the forum; his business is independent.

Good luck with things.

Xman is the way to go for tune ups etc.I sent in a really loose pair of pennys.
I cant actually believe how good they came back.They feel like a brand new pair ,and all they needed was a tune up.
Next to go are the black Juliets for the tune up and paint job

Exchange access is granted after 15 posts AND two weeks as a member. Or one can get in immediately by becoming a premium member.

You can do business with the x-man at any time, outside of the forum; his business is independent.

Good luck with things.

Looks I gotta post more and read less. ;)

I have lived all over, but now I call Bastrop in the great state of Texas home. Texas BBQ can't be beat, but I miss Asian food.

I have lived all over, but now I call Bastrop in the great state of Texas home. Texas BBQ can't be beat, but I miss Asian food.

Hey man take the short road trip over to Austin; there's plenty of authentic Asian food here. Any particular type you're looking for?

Latest Posts

Back