• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Type O program - *update* now shutting down

Guys, stop it.

I had discussed this with OakleyBoss before posting and redacted the URL for a reason. Posting the link here and non-invited people signing up is uncool. Did you read the letter in my OP? Sure, the site doesn't say "Texas only", it's a BETA of the site they will use for everybody. But these non-invited accounts likely won't work. For certain your local stores won't be able to process your purchases. All you're doing is creating hassle for Oakley and maybe jeopardizing opportunities like this for the forum in the future.

Chill and wait for them to roll it out. :vinsent:

Really???? Do you truly think that Oakley truly is worried about excess traffic. Honestly man, if that were the case they would have simply given each person a specific access code to enter to register. They fully expected this to spread word of mouth, and saves on advertising. We get it... you want to be special, that's cool. But don't claim you have some top secret access to a program that has a public website.... Jeez... man.

Really???? Do you truly think that Oakley truly is worried about excess traffic. Honestly man, if that were the case they would have simply given each person a specific access code to enter to register. They fully expected this to spread word of mouth, and saves on advertising. We get it... you want to be special, that's cool. But don't claim you have some top secret access to a program that has a public website.... Jeez... man.
Kronin has a point. No different than the SI site. I don't care though.

By registering to become a member (a "Member" or "you" or “your”) of Oakley Type O™ rewards program ("Oakley Type O™") and by participating in the Program, you (i) represent that you are 14 years of age or older and (ii) agree to the following Program Terms and Conditions (these "Terms"). Oakley Type O™ is sponsored by Oakley, Inc.

Enrollment/Point Accumulation:

Oakley members can earn across three categories of buying, event attendance and sharing simultaneously.

Each captured engagement falls into one of the three categories: Buying, Experiencing, Sharing.

Membership:
Eligibility: You must be at least 14 years of age to become a member. Employees of Oakley, Inc and individuals receiving a discount or free product to represent an Oakley brand are not eligible.

How To Join:
You may register to become an Oakley Type O™ Member two different ways:
A. Online at www.OakleyTypeO.com by creating an account and indicating that you want to be a Oakley Type O™ member.
B. At any US Oakley Type O™ and US Oakley Vault stores by providing your name and email address to sign up to be a Member. Email is the unique member ID and required for signup. Once you make this request, you will receive an email requesting that you confirm your request to become a Member. When you provide your name and email address in store, you will receive an email requesting that you confirm your request and set up an account at www.OakleyTypeO.com so you will have full access to all of the Oakley Type O™ unlocks. A second identifier is a phone number but is not mandatory.
C. Accessing Oakley Type O™ information and all the Type O™ rewards: You can be a Member without completing your registration profiles.
D. Updating information: You are responsible for providing the correct email address to receive Type O™ rewards and to ensure proper accounting of Type O™ rewards and receipt of Type O™ rewards. As a result, each Member is responsible for maintaining accurate and updated personal information, including your email address. You may update your personal information online at www.OakleyTypeO.com or by calling: 800-.297-8915.
Earning Oakley Type O™ Rewards
A. Type O™ points received never expire and can never be redeemed.
B. When you shop at United States O Retail Stores or www.OakleyTypeO.com for every $1 (USD) spent on any eligible product that is purchased (a "Qualifying Purchase," as further described below).

When you shop at participating United States Oakley Vault Stores or OakleyVault.com you will automatically receive one point every $2 (USD) spent on any Qualifying Purchase that is purchased.

The Type O™ points will be added into your Type O™ account when you provide at the time of purchase your email address or phone number used to become a Member. If you did not provide your email address or phone number at the time of purchase, you may call Customer Service at 800-897-2915 and upon verification by Customer Service of your purchase or activity and that you did not previously receive Type O™ Points for the purchase or activity, the Type O™ points will be added into your Program account.
C. Qualifying Purchases include regular and sale priced merchandise in O stores and Vault Stores, and online at www.Oakley.com and www.OakleyVault.com. Sample Sale items are excluded from Oakley Type O™ and are not earned for purchases of such items. No Type O™ points are earned when purchasing Gift Cards or eGift Cards from Oakley, but you do earn Type O™ Points when redeeming a Gift Card or an eGift Card at Oakley, www.Oakley.com, Oakley Vault stores, or online at www.OakleyVault.com. In addition, no Type O™ points are earned for payment of sales tax, gift boxes or wrapping, or for shipping and handling costs.
D. Oakley Type O™ points may also be earned for participation in certain activities designated and announced by Oakley. Example activities could include: connecting with Oakley on social media, participating in online video events, participation at Oakley designated events and email campaigns. Members may also be able to earn bonus Type O™ points for making purchases of designated products or during a designated time as determined and announced by Oakley. Oakley reserves the right to make bonus Type O™ points and other promotional offers available to select Members based on purchase activity, geographic location, Program participation, and/or information supplied by the Member. Oakley reserves the right to add, withdraw, amend, or otherwise change bonus opportunities at any time at its sole discretion, with or without notice to Members. Initial unlocks will be easier to achieve and somewhat more concrete in their definition.
E. The Oakley Type O™ points you have earned through a purchase (including bonus Type O™ points for designated products, if applicable) by providing your email address at the time of purchase will be netted from your overall Type O™ points total if the item is returned. Returns of merchandise purchased in the prior year will be deducted from the Member's Type O™ points balance in the current year. Negative Type O™ balances never expire. Type O™ points have no cash value. You cannot give or transfer your Type O™ points to anyone else.
F. Oakley, in its sole discretion, may elect to change Type O™ and/or the value of Type O™ points & rewards at any time. This could include no longer providing Type O™ points and rewards or changing the valuation of the Type O™ rewards.
G. Type O™ Members may also have early access to special events and be invited to participate in exclusive experiences for Type O™ Members.
H. Oakley Type O™ rewards are sent electronically to the email associated with your Type O™ member account. Unused rewards do not roll over past expiration date.
Email and Privacy
A. By registering for the Program, you agree to receive transactional emails and promotional email offers and updates from Oakley Type O™ and from Oakley. As a benefit and condition of online enrollment or registration for the Program, Members will be sent by email information about Type O™ points and rewards, Program updates, and other related materials at the discretion of Oakley. Members may not unsubscribe from transactional emails of the Program, but can cancel their membership in the Program as described below in the General Terms. Members may unsubscribe from Oakley promotional emails at any time via the unsubscribe link in those emails.
B. See Oakley Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy | Official Oakley Store for details on how your information is collected and used.
General Terms of the Oakley Type O™ Member Program
A. Membership in the Oakley Type O™ member program and its benefits are offered at the discretion of Oakley, which reserves the right to terminate, change, limit, modify, or cancel any Program rules, regulations, benefits, or conditions of participation at any time. In the event of cancellation, Oakley Type O™ rewards will be issued according to the current Terms for Oakley Type O™ earned to date.
B. If Oakley changes or modifies these Terms it will provide notice of any changes through these Terms. Electing to remain a Member after a change in the Terms constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms. The revisions to the Program that Oakley may make include any of the following changes: (i) increase or decrease the number of Type O™ points earned on a Qualifying Purchase; (ii) increase the number of Type O™ points required to earn a Reward (iii) change the method of becoming a Member; (v) institute or add blackout dates for earning Type O™ rewards or earning them.
C. These Terms are void where and to the extent prohibited by law.
D. In the event of a dispute over ownership of a Type O™ account, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of registration. For purposes of these Terms, the "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
E. Abuse of the Program, including failure to abide by these Terms, the sale or barter (or the attempted sale or barter) of Rewards, Type O™ Points, or promotional offers, and any misrepresentation of fact relating thereto or other improper conduct as determined by Oakley in its sole judgment may result in cancellation of a Member's account and future disqualification from Program participation, forfeiture of all Type O™ points accrued, and cancellation of previously issued but unused Reward Certificates. At our discretion we may prosecute abuse of the Program to the fullest extent of the law
F. You may cancel your Type O™ membership at anytime by calling Customer Services 888-897-2915. If you cancel your Type O™ membership, your accrued Type O™ points & rewards will be forfeited.
G. Type O™ points are not transferable and may not be combined among Members or conveyed by any means to anyone, including through a Member's estate, and may not pass to a Member's successors and assigns. Type O™ points do not constitute property of the Member. Accrued Peak Points are not transferable by the Member upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise.
H. By agreeing to participate in the Type O™ Program, you release Oakley, Inc., its parent and subsidiaries and affiliate entities, and their respective, directors, officers, employees and agents (the "Released Parties") from all liability with respect to the misdirection or misuse of any Type O™ points or Type O™ reward by an individual other than Type O™ Member who earned the Type O™ reward. You further agree through your agreement to participate in the Program to release the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and other expenses (including, without limitation, attorney's fees) relating to your participation in Type O™, use of reward, use of products or experiences from Oakley, or agreement to these Terms.
I. The Released Parties make no warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to Type O™ member Program, membership in Type O™, or any products or services related to Oakley Type O™.
J. The Oakley Type O™ member program and these Terms will be governed by and construed under the substantive laws of the State of Washington, without reference to conflict-of-laws considerations. Any claims must be raised and resolved in the federal or state courts located in Washington.
K. The Oakley logo, Oakley Type O™ name, and other logos and taglines are the intellectual property of Oakley.

Kronin has a point. No different than the SI site. I don't care though.
Very different from the SI site... they sure as heck don't require a TX drivers license to Join... I had to send in my 214, and supply my NASA.gov email for access. Prior to that it was my Military ID.... definitely a different set of standards for this.

Let's all calm down. He was simply relaying a message I sent out. From everything I have heard, the program is still somewhat underwraps and in a Beta, only in Texas. I already reached out to my contact at Oakley to confirm whether it is live, but the point of the invited members was to have a "Beta" group to find bugs/fix the site, before it goes live to everyone else in the Oakley community.

The point of this thread is to discuss the program, overall concept and benefits. Over time it will be much larger, and publicly advertised.

Let's all calm down. He was simply relaying a message I sent out. From everything I have heard, the program is still somewhat underwraps and in a Beta, only in Texas. I already reached out to my contact at Oakley to confirm whether it is live, but the point of the invited members was to have a "Beta" group to find bugs/fix the site, before it goes live to everyone else in the Oakley community.

The point of this thread is to discuss the program, overall concept and benefits. Over time it will be much larger, and publicly advertised.

This makes more sense.

I signed up on October 31st, my points are already adding up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416104743.800525.jpg

Latest Posts

Back