• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Type O program - *update* now shutting down

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
The other month I received a PM from @OakleyBoss about a new program (Type O) Oakley will be testing in Texas before rolling it out across the board, offering me the opportunity to be one of those who get to try it out. He wasn't allowed to share any more details at the time.

I received my invitation package from Oakley yesterday. Boss sez it's okay to post publicly about this now, so here you go.

It's a new loyalty program called Type O. Basically your Oakley purchases and activities earn you points which unlock rewards.

Points fall into three categories:
- "Buy": purchases at stores or online earn points.
- "Do": checking in at specified events earn points.
- "Share": social shares and friend invites earn points.

Points never expire.

Apparently they plan for this to be more than a frequent flyer-style program. If I understand it correctly, they will send (optional) weekly emails with certain rewards that can be unlocked via particular activities. Some may be easy, some may be hard, some may even be unlocked without having to do anything.

It's unclear what the rewards will be like; time will tell.

This program is a Beta being tested in Texas-only to shake out the bugs and see where there can be improvements. I've already noticed a couple of minor discrepancies / issues. For example, both the invite letter and the website says purchases at Oakley stores and Vaults and Oakley.com earn points. But the letter says OakleyVault.com purchases also earn points but the website says OakleyVault.com purchases do not (I'd bet the website is correct but I don't know)...

Anyway, sooner or later this should be available to everybody. I'll post updates as I discover more. There are other Texas forum members who are receiving invites to this so maybe they'll post here, too.

Much thanks to Oakley Forum for this opportunity! It wouldn't have happened without the forum... :hi:

Here's some pics of the stuff that came with the invite (though slightly redacted...)

The invitation letter. Note the cool watermark on the paper, like a close-up of the sun:

20141115_120823.jpg

Even the envelope was watermarked - can you see the old-school spiky naval mine to the left?

20141115_120859.jpg

An Icon decal and "Made in Movember" sticker:

20141115_120943.jpg

And a cool, signed invitation card / sleeve:

20141115_121035.jpg

:D

Just signed up online for the program. No mention that it is only for Texas.

The other month I received a PM from @OakleyBoss about a new program Oakley will be testing in Texas before rolling it out across the board, offering me the opportunity to be one of those who get to try it out. He wasn't allowed to share any more details at the time.

I received my invitation package from Oakley yesterday. Boss sez it's okay to post publicly about this now, so here you go.

It's a new loyalty program called Type O. Basically your Oakley purchases and activities earn you points which unlock rewards.

Points fall into three categories:
- "Buy": purchases at stores or online earn points.
- "Do": checking in at specified events earn points.
- "Share": social shares and friend invites earn points.

Points never expire.

Apparently they plan for this to be more than a frequent flyer-style program. If I understand it correctly, they will send (optional) weekly emails with certain rewards that can be unlocked via particular activities. Some may be easy, some may be hard, some may even be unlocked without having to do anything.

It's unclear what the rewards will be like; time will tell.

This program is a Beta being tested in Texas-only to shake out the bugs and see where there can be improvements. I've already noticed a couple of minor discrepancies / issues. For example, both the invite letter and the website says purchases at Oakley stores and Vaults and Oakley.com earn points. But the letter says OakleyVault.com purchases also earn points but the website says OakleyVault.com purchases do not (I'd bet the website is correct but I don't know)...

Anyway, sooner or later this should be available to everybody. I'll post updates as I discover more. There are other Texas forum members who are receiving invites to this so maybe they'll post here, too.

Much thanks to Oakley Forum for this opportunity! It wouldn't have happened without the forum... :hi:

Here's some pics of the stuff that came with the invite (though slightly redacted...)

The invitation letter. Note the cool watermark on the paper, like a close-up of the sun:

View attachment 114697

Even the envelope was watermarked - can you see the old-school spiky naval mine to the left?

View attachment 114699

An Icon decal and "Made in Movember" sticker:

View attachment 114700

And a cool, signed invitation card / sleeve:

View attachment 114701

:D
Just received my package. Identical apart from name. Even postmark is the same.

Back