• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Type O program - *update* now shutting down

Douchebaggery!!!

Last weekend I made an O store purchase. They were running a sale, buy one piece of apparel, get a 2nd of equal or lesser value for 1/2 off.

I'm used to the Type O points reflecting the actual sale price after discounts, i.e. I get points for the 1/2 off price, not full price. Fair enough.

But I also paid for some of it with bounce-back bucks. And when the points posted, they had subtracted the value of the bounce-backs!

points.png

I mean, yeah, technically that nets to the actual dollars I really spent, but c'mon - that just seems awfully nickel-and-dime petty... :mad:

Douchebaggery!!!

Last weekend I made an O store purchase. They were running a sale, buy one piece of apparel, get a 2nd of equal or lesser value for 1/2 off.

I'm used to the Type O points reflecting the actual sale price after discounts, i.e. I get points for the 1/2 off price, not full price. Fair enough.

But I also paid for some of it with bounce-back bucks. And when the points posted, they had subtracted the value of the bounce-backs!

View attachment 118726

I mean, yeah, technically that nets to the actual dollars I really spent, but c'mon - that just seems awfully nickel-and-dime petty... :mad:
What happens when you hit negetive? Does it relock something you already unlocked?

What happens when you hit negetive? Does it relock something you already unlocked?

I don't think that's possible - the net transaction is still a positive number. I don't think they'll ever do a sale / coupon where they end up owing you money... ;)

But, along those lines, when I earned enough points to reach level 1, it didn't unlock anything. Makes me wonder what's the point of it...

Wow. Did you call O program about this?

I have also noticed a big delay or no post at all on my purchases. It was quicker for me to take a photo then email it to them.

No, didn't call them. That typeo email address I txted you last week was what @OakleyBoss confirmed to use for feedback. But then I'm not getting the best response from emails, either...

I'm wondering if they're watching this thread, since we're posting our feedback and experiences here. Was thinking about emailing them with the link and suggestion.

BTW for me, the purchases I've made at the O store have shown up automatically within 24 hours. It's vault and online purchases that have given me problems, needed an email follow up. Right now I'm still waiting for a Sunday night online purchase to show up.

How do you input receipts? I only have accessed the site thru phone.

You can't do it directly, have to take a pic of the receipt and attach it to an email. Or forward the email receipt from the online store. Send to from your email address linked to your type O account to that typeo email address. Then they'll add the points manually. When they get around to it...

Back