1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jon Naxton

Jon Naxton Oakley Beginner

I am the proud new owner of a pair of XS with plasma frames and fire polar lenses. I absolutely love them though they could do with a tune up/service as the nose is a bit loose as are the arms.

Does anyone know if Oakley UK still service X-metals?

I have heard a few horror stories on here about Oakley losing pairs, coming back worse than when they started etc but our options over here in the UK do seem extremely limited.

If needs be i may just have to bite the bullet and send them over the water to the X-Man. Just means high shipping and customs costs that's all.

Any other UK owners got any recommendations?

Also, to save creating another thread, can any UK owners recommend somewhere to get custom lenses done? Again there are some amazing examples on here but all seem to be over in America. Would love to get a pair of XS deep water prizm lenses done if i can.

Any advice would be gratefully received and if these questions have been answered before, point us in the right direction as can't seem to find them on the search engine.

Cheers

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Jon Naxton

Forgot to say from an Oakley love, this is one amazing site, the knowledge on here is vast and the Oakley's I see makes me wish i had so much more money! Keep up the good work guys and gals :)

Carrera1963 and Wavecloud like this.
  3. lee.s.b

lee.s.b Oakley Enthusiast

Arms wise if you just back the screw out and then retighten then that normally sorts the looseness out,
    I've never had a problem with an XS nosebridge but you may be able to fix the nose yourself if you can get hold of the suitable rubber parts .

discostu and Jon Naxton like this.
  4. Jon Naxton

Thanks for the reply, i have just ordered the relevant tool kit to make some adjustments, I'll try and tighten the nosebridge to see if that makes a difference. It's nothing major at all, just like to start a fresh with them.

5. lee.s.b

lee.s.b Oakley Enthusiast

Linegear do an aftermarket nosebridge rubber kit

6. Jon Naxton

I am googling it as we speak :)

7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yeah I would get a set of line gear nose bridge Rrubbers and you can do all of that yourself

Wavecloud likes this.
  8. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

There are some Forum members in the UK that may have some extra nose bridge rubber

Wavecloud likes this.
  9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Good luck

10. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hi Jon - I have just started cutting my own lenses with great success. Im also gonna be cutting some XS lenses soon. I have done some good tune ups on my XX using linegear rubbers and its easy enough if you have a bit of dexterity.. I reckon changing the rubbers on XS should be easier although I think you'll need an imperial alan key not a metric UK one. Don't use too much force.

PS - where are you based? Im in Abingdon, Oxfordshire