• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Ultimate book!

First I have seen of these! Might have to get one if I still have money... Looks awesome though!!!

The price tag is just further proof LUX is preying on us diehards... Average consumer wouldn't even consider a 200 dollar book for a history of a brand... We sure are suckers!!!

The price tag is just further proof LUX is preying on us diehards... Average consumer wouldn't even consider a 200 dollar book for a history of a brand... We sure are suckers!!!
Please don't post **** like that.

There are many, many brands with more ridiculously priced items aimed solely at brand fanatics and fans.

I agree, however don't we on this forum get upset when a member tries to price scalp? Well what's charging 200 for a book? Or 300 for a carabiner? It's price scalping... Just saying...

Actually I was surfing the Assouline website - they have some entry level books starting at $75 but quite a few are priced in the $695 - $950 range; there's even one for $7K...

Pricing gouging or not, I don't think we can blame Oakley / Lux for this one...

I'm don't know too much about standard carabiner prices, but I don't know what was expected in terms of book pricing. Assouline publishes the book, so they have a good control on the pricing. In that regard, the price is pretty standard for this type of book -- the type of slipcase, binding, paper stock and size. Quality table books aren't cheap, and Oakley wanted to make something special for their anniversary rather than a run of the mill product.

I'm don't know too much about standard carabiner prices, but I don't know what was expected in terms of book pricing. Assouline publishes the book, so they have a good control on the pricing. In that regard, the price is pretty standard for this type of book -- the type of slipcase, binding, paper stock and size. Quality table books aren't cheap, and Oakley wanted to make something special for their anniversary rather than a run of the mill product.
And perhaps your right, I haven't seen one in person, felt the pages ect. It could be that this is a good value. But I am still sticking to what I said... There are plenty of other holiday releases this year that validate what I am saying...

Back