• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Vault Etiquette

Joey

Oakley Beginner
Hello, this will be my first time going to an Oakley store. The one I plan on going to is an oakley vault an hour away which is the nearest one. I have always brought my oakleys at a sunglass hut where the sunglasses are not locked up and you can try on the sunglasses without asking for an employee to open them. Is the same procedure the same at an oakley vault? Are the sunglasses locked up or open where you can just try them on without asking someone? What is the etiquette when buying oakleys? How many can you try on? Will they get mad if you try on several and not like them and leave? How many people work at a oakley store because the sun glass hut I went to had only one employee and it was the cashier.

Oakley stores and vaults have very laid back atmosphere. The employees are there to help you, the customer. Most of the glasses at a vault are not locked up so you can try on anything you like. They do have a scanner thing that is on one of the ear stems that really makes the glasses feel awkward but you can ask an employee to take it off, I have not done that yet though. Feel free to try on anything that you want and if you don't find anything that works for you there then that's the luck of the draw.

All the common stuff will be out on shelves. The more expensive stuff is sometimes locked up in the displays.

Up until recently all the DE stuff was locked in a cabinet (at my local vault anyways) but I think they took the doors off not too long ago.

Are you kidding?! They are in business to serve you, not the other way around. Just because you try on glasses, doesnt mean you have to buy anything!

Hey I work at an Oakley Vault!! So to answer all of your questions...
You can try on whatever you like, most of our cases aren't locked and if they are, just ask and we will gladly open it for you.
There isn't a certain procedure for buying glasses, if you like the glasses buy them...if you dont like them, don't buy them.
And depending on the store there can be any where from 2 to 20 employees.
But the main thing is Have Fun! Oakley employees generally love Oakley!
We are working to help you the customer find the best pair of shades for your needs. And if you are used to only buying from SGH, get ready for a totally different experience.

Your experience will vary depending on the employee your interact with. But by all means try on anything you like, whether its locked away or not.

Thanks for all of the replys. By the way what does SGH stand for?

EDIT: Ah ok thx

Last edited:
The mall store here has almost everything out in the open. The outlet store (or rather, the store at the outlet mall) is pretty much like Yeti described- the more common stuff is out on shelves, while the more expensive item are in locked displays. However, at the store here at least, there are usually plenty of employees and they usually offer to open a case for you if you even get near it.

I'd have to agree and say Oakley stores have a very friendly atmosphere. The employees are there to help you and for the most part do so very passionately. In all O-stores and Vaults I have been to the only things locked up are expensive pairs. However, I am not a big fan of actually shopping at vaults as they are usually quite unorganized because its a lot of random pairs in from the main stores. If I were wanting to try a new frame type or experiment I would go to an O-store.

Back