• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley VIP Preffered Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work at a Waterpark where we had 1 single wide 3.1 display case. Our Oakley rep came in as I was leaving and we chatted for a while and he ended up giving me 1 and my boss 10-15 O-matter cards (to distribute) like it was nothing. 65% off coupon code every quarter up to $1000 just like this VIP card. Nicest rep I've ever met.

Good points. I'm not sure of the details. He said he had 2, and he was going to split one among" the office" and handed me the other. He did mention that it had something to do with being a dealer. I'm pretty sure his rep gave them to him.

He's an acquaintance. My wife and him went to school together, blah blah, long story short he ended becoming my doc and soon figured out I like Oakley. I've been trying to get stands from him for almost a year but he keeps saying that "he can't get me any." This is the first time he's done anything like this, and I was totally caught off guard. He just said here, enjoy.

ha. Guess it surely won't be a simple inquiry. Thanks for that explanation.

Anyone ever heard of this? I was given one by my optometrist today. It's all black with gold writing. Looks like a credit card with a 12 digit number on the front.

The back reads:

"The 12 digit discount code on front of card is good for one-time usage of 65% off, up to $1000 retail.

Not valid at any retail location, only available on in stock product, not valid on electronics."

It expires in 2 weeks.
Looks like you got a bunch of new friends here ;)

Very curious...I assume for starters the optometrist has to retail Oakley products, but how does distribution go from there? I mean it's 65 percent off. Not to play captain obvious but I can't imagine many of those cards being handed out - then again they're only active for 2 weeks, one-time and only by phone. I guess to "people like us" that's such a steal since we'd be trigger happy.

My optometrist carries Oakley. My guess is they have none to hand out period, but I'm curious....

It used to be different retailers/vendor types who carry Oakley got varies discount authorizations. Some as little as 20% off retail, others as much as 50% off. Programs varied from a specialized website similar to SI where you entered a code from a card much like the one being discussed. The numbers were cataloged to reps so corporate could track how they were being used, stolen or otherwise tracked for abuse purposes.

This was after only having a call/fax in program where each retailer was assigned a unique code, at least at a retail level such as "Richard's" or Big 5. The prodeals protocal as they often referred to switch constantly because thereis always someone cutting the system and abusing the discounts for profit, etc. There is a retailer site that many vendors maintain their employee discount progrmas for at http://www.3point5.com/ for example. Many have their own dedicated site like Shimano and Camelbak.

I think it's pretty cool. I used to have a class with a girl that worked at the O Store in Hollywood. The employee discount she got was 75% off. When I heard that, my jaw was on the floor.

I think it's pretty cool. I used to have a class with a girl that worked at the O Store in Hollywood. The employee discount she got was 75% off. When I heard that, my jaw was on the floor.

Yup, also heard they got 75% off...

Can you imagine they give a 65% to pretty much anybody and STILL make at least 10% profit off your @$$... I'm guessing employee discount is he closest there is to 'cost' prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back