• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Virgin alert !

sevenfourate

Oakley Beginner
Hi all

My names Syer and im a 43 year old father of 3 boys from the UK. Im an Engineer by trade, and my hobbies are anything mechanical and with an engine - but mainly motorcycles (Current ride below):

IMG_2200_zpsegki249l.jpg

Just starting to think about getting a couple of pairs of sunnies, and figured i really want some Oakleys.

Im a big guy [6'3 and 210lbs] and need to look into something to 'compliment' - lol - my large physique !

IMG_1413_zps7a2241fb.jpg

At the moment i like the look of the GasCans - and in this model i like the look of the Crystal Black frames, with Black Iridium lenses. Not sure if these are a 'general purpose' lense or not ? Or if the GasCan's are suitable for a larger face ?

And advice for larger frames, and a general all purpose lense for my first pair appreciated..........

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum! It's good to see another UK member here!
I use a Pitboss as my daily wearer, they are a great fit for a bigger melon!
Liking the drz too. I used to race supermoto myself ;-)

Hi all

My names Syer and im a 43 year old father of 3 boys from the UK. Im an Engineer by trade, and my hobbies are anything mechanical and with an engine - but mainly motorcycles (Current ride below):

IMG_2200_zpsegki249l.jpg

Just starting to think about getting a couple of pairs of sunnies, and figured i really want some Oakleys.

Im a big guy [6'3 and 210lbs] and need to look into something to 'compliment' - lol - my large physique !

IMG_1413_zps7a2241fb.jpg

At the moment i like the look of the GasCans - and in this model i like the look of the Crystal Black frames, with Black Iridium lenses. Not sure if these are a 'general purpose' lense or not ? Or if the GasCan's are suitable for a larger face ?

And advice for larger frames, and a general all purpose lense for my first pair appreciated..........

Cheers.

Gascan could be a little small you may want to try Pit Bull/Pit Boss .
Love that Drz (back wheel bandit)

Welcome: I think gascans would be too small on you. I m 6'2" 220 so around the same size. Hijinx would be perfect for you. I have the exact color combo crystal black/BI and they look great. Also Pitbulls and Monster Dogs would be good. In the current frames the Turbine, Offshoot, Fuelcells would all be good. The Fuel Cell is the closest to the gascan just a bigger version.

Thanks for the really warm welcome all.

Im searching for a pair of Fuel Cells to start me off then (I've have tried on a pair before - and they felt pretty good)

What would be a great general purpose, day-to-day lense - bearing in mind its not always super-sunny here in the UK ? Is 'Black Iridium' lilkely to be too dark ?

Back