• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Watch Battery

RexxCastle

Oakley Expert
i pulled out One of my watches that i have had stored and noticed the batter was dead. Do i need to send this into Oakley or is this something a watch shop can handle. Ive never had to do a battery for one of these so just wasn't sure if they had anything special going on in them.

i pulled out One of my watches that i have had stored and noticed the batter was dead. Do i need to send this into Oakley or is this something a watch shop can handle. Ive never had to do a battery for one of these so just wasn't sure if they had anything special going on in them.
Oakley would be better. But an actual watch shop should be able to do it too as long as they know what they're doing ;)

How do i go about doing that then? My 1 local Oakley shop thought a pair of my glasses were fakes only because they had never seen them before, so not much faith in taking it to them
Local O stores don't do that
You would actually have to send it to HQ

Definitely send it in. Not all watches are easy. I had a battery shop change batteries in a Citizen and it never worked again. They refused to admit that theyndid anything wrong. On a lot of watches there is a plastic part that acts as the return springs for all of the pushbuttons, and it is very delicate. Send it in, even if they clean it and it costs $200. At least Your watch will be good for a long time. Plus, if Oakley screws it up they will fix it.

Which watch model is it?

Definitely send it in. Not all watches are easy. I had a battery shop change batteries in a Citizen and it never worked again. They refused to admit that theyndid anything wrong. On a lot of watches there is a plastic part that acts as the return springs for all of the pushbuttons, and it is very delicate. Send it in, even if they clean it and it costs $200. At least Your watch will be good for a long time. Plus, if Oakley screws it up they will fix it.
$200?!?!

Plus, if Oakley screws it up they will fix it.

That's not necessarily true - the movements of most of the older watches have been discontinued and if they screw it up you're SOL. Which is true regardless of who works on it.

And Oakley quartz watches use standard Seiko (older models) and Ronda (newer models) movements, nothing special. The TB1 uses a Seiko kinetic movement that's a little more complicated but still pretty straight-forward.

What matters most is the case design, as some require more specialized tools to open. Hence the questions about which model.

Was your Citizen an Eco-Drive? Those do require specialized service and a LiOn "capacitor" battery, I wouldn't take them to an everyday battery shop. But a competent watch repair place (not a mall kiosk) should be able to handle those, too.

Back