• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley watch boxes

My TB came in the metal vault and the cool cardboard box with the graphic. I got it second hand but the seller told me that was everything that came with it when he bought it new in 99.

Doesn't guarantee anything but it's what I was told.

This is true. The TB originally came with the Vault. Near the end of its life, the TB came with the black box and yellow outer cardboard box.

Oakley goes through phases and changes to its packaging and watches have come with various boxes. An example is the MM. It has come with all three boxes in its history plus the current/last plastic box.

My TB came in the metal vault and the cool cardboard box with the graphic. I got it second hand but the seller told me that was everything that came with it when he bought it new in 99.

Doesn't guarantee anything but it's what I was told.

The cardboard box was the original box; it's in o-review's box database (which is otherwise pretty sparse). He could have just picked up the vault at the same time. Or they threw it in.

My polished / blue TB has a relatively low serial, 000375. It had a vault. But the seller also had a polished / CF TB with an even lower serial that just had a box, no vault. It was when I was asking around about that discrepancy that I was told about the vault being sold separately.

The vault is inside the cardboard box. I would think he would have also had the black leather box if he got the vault separately.

I've only seen one other complete set like mine with matching numbers but I've seen plenty of the black box/yellow cardboard combos. Only a couple with matching numbers.

I have seen pictures of the stash a guy has of the TB vaults. They are all in white boxes so they sold them at least through those two cardboard box generations. Dude still hasn't given me a price on the vaults.

Re value, I can tell you what I've seen some sell for recently. All are way over what I personally would pay for a box. Queue Frank (no tag, he has to be reading for this one)

I've seen TB vaults sell from $65 to $110. A lot listed at $125 but I haven't seen any sell.

The gear looking coin wooden box (hollow point) I've seen sell for $75 to $150 with the outer boxes.

The MM box I've seen sell from $60 to $110.

This is all in the last sixish months.

The vault is inside the cardboard box. I would think he would have also had the black leather box if he got the vault separately.

I've only seen one other complete set like mine with matching numbers but I've seen plenty of the black box/yellow cardboard combos. Only a couple with matching numbers.

I have seen pictures of the stash a guy has of the TB vaults. They are all in white boxes so they sold them at least through those two cardboard box generations. Dude still hasn't given me a price on the vaults.

Re value, I can tell you what I've seen some sell for recently. All are way over what I personally would pay for a box. Queue Frank (no tag, he has to be reading for this one)

I've seen TB vaults sell from $65 to $110. A lot listed at $125 but I haven't seen any sell.

The gear looking coin wooden box (hollow point) I've seen sell for $75 to $150 with the outer boxes.

Outlook good

:whistle: :acute:

I think as far as the later wooden watch boxes with a coin in the center, these are the only three that I recall...

1463267725640-972515084.jpg

Back