1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 1970BNER

1970BNER Oakley Beginner

Hello,

Just purchased a pair of Oakley water jackets this evening on Ebay and had a quick question. Can this style jacket basically be converted to a non-water jacket style (earpiece and strap)?

Additionally,are there any other differences between these glasses other than the earpiece and strap?

Thank you,

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

First of all, congrats! Water Jackets are actually Racing Jacket frames with different rubber earsocks integrated with a headstrap/lanyard and a one piece nose bomb (like the ones on m-frames). Racing jackets came with regular earsocks and separate nose bombs. The only other difference I'm aware of was the lenses...WJ's came with vented lenses and RJ's came with regular lenses. The parts are interchangeable, but not always easy to find. Hope this helps...

3. 1970BNER

1970BNER Oakley Beginner

Thanks ULuahunter, thats good info...

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

additional notes... pro racing jackets also had vented lenses. the conversion is easy enough to do, but the spare earsocks and nosebombs are hard to come by..

5. 1970BNER

1970BNER Oakley Beginner

Thanks again Brip, Im hopping I can locate a pair... On the mission!

6. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Water Jacket lash strap looks very similar to the M-frame strap kit. I would say that an M-frame rubber set would fit the Water Jacket nicely.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Theyre different... Earsock shape is different anyway so it wouldnt be a good fit