• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Whisker Screws?

quinnow1

Oakley Beginner
I have two pair of Oakley whiskers and on both pairs the lenses are scratched so iI purchased replacement lenses on Ebay to fit these (Walleva's)...my problem is that in the directions it states to use a T-6 Torx driver which is far too large not to mention the screws actually look like Phillips head to me...does anyone know the correct size and type driver to use to remove the old lenses on these Whiskers? ( metal frame)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you tried to use the screw driver that comes with the Oakley cleaning kit? It comes with a small Phillips screw driver that might work if you say that is what the head is.

Have you tried to use the screw driver that comes with the Oakley cleaning kit? It comes with a small Phillips screw driver that might work if you say that is what the head is.
You are correct!!!

That screwdriver works perfect if you have the kit......If you dont, then any optical shop or a local walmart has a small eyeglass repair kit that you can purchase for $5 has the small screwdriver that will work.....

I am trying to unscrew the screws with an eyeglass repair kit screwdriver, but they are not turning at all and I am afraid of stripping the head of the screws. I think I need an even smaller phillips.

Any advice?

Oakley offered to switch them for me, but I don't have an oakley store close by and I want to replace these lenses with polarized ones for a fishing trip this weekend.

I am trying to unscrew the screws with an eyeglass repair kit screwdriver, but they are not turning at all and I am afraid of stripping the head of the screws. I think I need an even smaller phillips.

Any advice?

Oakley offered to switch them for me, but I don't have an oakley store close by and I want to replace these lenses with polarized ones for a fishing trip this weekend.

Any place that does eyeglasses should do it for you. It will take them less than 5 minutes if you already have the replacement lenses.

Also if you need replace OEM screws for your whiskers I have the repair kit and can send parts to you in case you loose one

Anytime I need an adjustment or when I need my lenses changed on my Whiskers I just stopped by the local Lens Crafters and ten minutes later all was good.

Cost: $0

Back