1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ufsj

ufsj Oakley Beginner

So I have some WHY 3's from early 2000's that needs some repairs. The frame is flawless, but the lenses have some weird peeling/spotting and the nose pads have turned yellow. I've scoured the internets for some replacement lenses but can't seem to find any, not even on ebay. I realized these have been discontinued for some time now, but I would really like to keep these, even if it meant using clear lenses. What are my options here? Anyone know where I can buy some replacement parts?

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

Oakley doesn't even support expensive models that were discontinued a year ago. If you need parts for your Why3, best bet is to cannibalize a model from ebay. Lenses can be custom cut, but I cannot think of a model that has lenses as flat as the ones you need. Maybe Gascan. With all the different glasses styles out there, you should be able to find a suitable replacement for the suction cup like nosepads.

3. ch51670

ch51670 Oakley Beginner

I had issues with my why 8s two years ago way after they had stopped making them. Oakly kept telling me they didn't have parts until I bitched enough and then they tracked some down. But your best bet is to find more pairs from private owners.

4. ufsj

ufsj Oakley Beginner

Yeah I called Oakley and they said no parts available for discontinued models blah blah. But they did offer me 25% off anything on oakley.com (minus elites). Oh well, better than nothing I guess.