• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley WHY 3 Parts?

ufsj

Oakley Beginner
FL
So I have some WHY 3's from early 2000's that needs some repairs. The frame is flawless, but the lenses have some weird peeling/spotting and the nose pads have turned yellow. I've scoured the internets for some replacement lenses but can't seem to find any, not even on ebay. I realized these have been discontinued for some time now, but I would really like to keep these, even if it meant using clear lenses. What are my options here? Anyone know where I can buy some replacement parts?

Thanks

Oakley doesn't even support expensive models that were discontinued a year ago. If you need parts for your Why3, best bet is to cannibalize a model from ebay. Lenses can be custom cut, but I cannot think of a model that has lenses as flat as the ones you need. Maybe Gascan. With all the different glasses styles out there, you should be able to find a suitable replacement for the suction cup like nosepads.

I had issues with my why 8s two years ago way after they had stopped making them. Oakly kept telling me they didn't have parts until I bitched enough and then they tracked some down. But your best bet is to find more pairs from private owners.

Yeah I called Oakley and they said no parts available for discontinued models blah blah. But they did offer me 25% off anything on oakley.com (minus elites). Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

Latest Posts

Back