• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Wind Jacket

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
Got a look at the Oakley Wind Jacket; seems to be essentially the next generation Eye Shade! Check out the picture below!

1F53E71D-EF53-4412-89E1-6BC74BD20321_zps86ycenev.jpg

Thanks for the picture. The new WJ may lack in the good looks department but it makes up for it in functionality.

It's easily one of the more exciting releases (along with the M Alpha), but is this actually supposed to be a snow pair this time around? Looks like it has the gasket/brow to pass as a light goggle. As a regular sun pair I can't really seeing it as practical.

Of course there's the throwback look to the Eyeshade, but that was a pair that was improved upon with the M, Radar, etc. Being labeled a WJ sounds like there's specific application for it.

It's easily one of the more exciting releases (along with the M Alpha), but is this actually supposed to be a snow pair this time around? Looks like it has the gasket/brow to pass as a light goggle. As a regular sun pair I can't really seeing it as practical.

Of course there's the throwback look to the Eyeshade, but that was a pair that was improved upon with the M, Radar, etc. Being labeled a WJ sounds like there's specific application for it.

Actually, the original Eyeshade came with a foam brow piece.

Actually, the original Eyeshade came with a foam brow piece.

yeah, hence why I acknowledged the throwback look.

Right now designing a pair with such a feature seems to imply more specific purpose. The inclusion in the original Eyeshade seemed like an experimental approach to handle sweat and fogging for general sports applications, and since then that has been a general non-issue thanks to strategic venting and shaping.

Back