• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist

Come to think about it...the XS tips I've seen have the slightest flare out at the very end. Not as obvious as those fake juliets seen around. Look at pics here in the sale threads. Is this an exception or are there that many fake XS frames out there?

I'm thinking/hoping since the XS came out so late that they did some things differently. Note that there are no exposed rivets on the outer bridge like the Jules,mars, XX and penny (even in the O stock photo):

image.jpg

The bridge has T6 screws securing it on both pairs I have here:

image.jpg

Then there are the arm tips. Both pairs I own and all pics I've seen show these to have that slight flare at the very tip:

image.jpg

image.jpg
I bought these from two different reputable sellers here on the forum. One a boxed set so I'm thinking they are legit. Anybody have info to the contrary?

I have talk to a friend in the Philippines. He bought fake Juliets and had a chance to talk to the supplier. He asked regarding the bent ear stems. The supplier said that they will not copy the Juliet exactly 100% and will stay that way. But he said that the xsquareds are copied 100%. Now that confuses me. Even the pitboss and csix are copied 100%. Why does the juliet differ?
I have never seen an x squared replica with the correct nose bridge screws. And i have seen a lot of replicas.

I'm thinking/hoping since the XS came out so late that they did some things differently. Note that there are no exposed rivets on the outer bridge like the Jules,mars, XX and penny (even in the O stock photo):

View attachment 2122

The bridge has T6 screws securing it on both pairs I have here:

View attachment 2123

Then there are the arm tips. Both pairs I own and all pics I've seen show these to have that slight flare at the very tip:

View attachment 2124
View attachment 2126 I bought these from two different reputable sellers here on the forum. One a boxed set so I'm thinking they are legit. Anybody have info to the contrary?

I'd really like the experts to see this because I would have screamed fake just from seeing the nose bridge screws and the way the tips flare out at the end..

Consensus?

I'd really like the experts to see this because I would have screamed fake just from seeing the nose bridge screws and the way the tips flare out at the end..

Consensus?
Real x squared have screws on the bridge instead of rivets, and the tips do flare out a bit at the end. The pair shown by Mikey are real. There is no need for consensus. Those are the facts

Another way to check and see if your XS are real is to remove the lens and check the top of the lens groove. Real XS have a small foam insert to help keep the lens in place.

I have updated the first post with some hopefully helpful information about checking the authenticity of Oakley X-Squareds. Unfortunately, the differences between genuine and fakes are less obvious. It would probably require that you request additional photos from the seller or if possible a personal hands-on inspection.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back