• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist

This is one of my favorite threads; I often link to it to answer new questions.

With premium membership, there's a brand new feature that lets you bookmark it (and any other threads you may want to revisit)... Look next to the "report" link to the left bottom of the post...

first post at this awesome discussion. I am here unfortunately because I bought a used pair for $380, and the seller genuinely thinks they are "authentic" because he bought them from the oakleystore in Vancouver.
It is entirely possible, that the seller did buy a fake one from a oakley store- A past consumer can easily have bought the real pair from oakley, took it home, swapped in the fake pair and returned it. How experienced are the staff to identify the fake, but instead put it back on display? This was a "no return" auction, so I don't know what to do. The 2 tell-tale fake signs are that the 2 nose bridge screws are flat-head (not torx), and the 2 screws on the arms are allen (not torx). The seller is willing to reimburse me partially... but i will never buy/wear foakleys
What are your thoughts?

first post at this awesome discussion. I am here unfortunately because I bought a used pair for $380, and the seller genuinely thinks they are "authentic" because he bought them from the oakleystore in Vancouver.
It is entirely possible, that the seller did buy a fake one from a oakley store- A past consumer can easily have bought the real pair from oakley, took it home, swapped in the fake pair and returned it. How experienced are the staff to identify the fake, but instead put it back on display? This was a "no return" auction, so I don't know what to do. The 2 tell-tale fake signs are that the 2 nose bridge screws are flat-head (not torx), and the 2 screws on the arms are allen (not torx). The seller is willing to reimburse me partially... but i will never buy/wear foakleys
What are your thoughts?
I would suggest that you show everyone here photos so a determination can be made much quicker/easier.

Here you guys go... 3 images attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7836.JPG
    IMG_7836.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,156
  • IMG_7835.JPG
    IMG_7835.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,128
  • IMG_7834.JPG
    IMG_7834.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,095
Back