• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist

Sorry about those being fake.....

File your claim through eBay and let the seller know he can eat dirt for sending you a fake item that he supposedly purchased at an Oakley store. Did he show you proof of a receipt and does it match the item you bought? Did this item come complete (box, coin, extras and paperwork)?

Sorry about those being fake.....

File your claim through eBay and let the seller know he can eat dirt for sending you a fake item that he supposedly purchased at an Oakley store. Did he show you proof of a receipt and does it match the item you bought? Did this item come complete (box, coin, extras and paperwork)?
Unfortunately he said he no longer had the box and coin OakleyFrank. My original complaint was that he argued with me that "mint condition" on a USED set of xmetals had some other meaning than what normal people would consider as mint condition. On a normal person's mint condition scale, i'd rate it as 6.5/10 at the most (all the pivots were loose, scratches on both arms, worn rubber on all parts). Then I dove deeper, and noticed the slotted screws on the nose-piece right away. The seller went as far as accusing this oakey forum of posting fake/misleading pictures because his oakleys were 100% authentic... It's impossible to reason and talk logic with someone that won't listen.

With all due respect, this particular thread is about how to spot fakes. I think your original posts added value by showing another real-life example of very good fakes, but the discussion since then (which I've participated in, too) is going off topic. Normally no big deal; it happens. But this particular thread is very informative - I have it bookmarked and link it often to help new(er)bies.

Your situation is definitely a good topic of discussion on this forum, and personally I'm curious how it works out. So, I ask that you create your own thread on this topic and reference this one for the history, and we all can talk more about how things go on it and reserve this for the OP, how to spot fakes.

I guess what I'm saying is :focus: but I don't want to shut down your discussion - I want to continue it without cluttering up this thread too much more, diluting it's OP...

Cool?:drinks:

Unfortunately he said he no longer had the box and coin OakleyFrank. My original complaint was that he argued with me that "mint condition" on a USED set of xmetals had some other meaning than what normal people would consider as mint condition. On a normal person's mint condition scale, i'd rate it as 6.5/10 at the most (all the pivots were loose, scratches on both arms, worn rubber on all parts). Then I dove deeper, and noticed the slotted screws on the nose-piece right away. The seller went as far as accusing this oakey forum of posting fake/misleading pictures because his oakleys were 100% authentic... It's impossible to reason and talk logic with someone that won't listen.

only quick and short, couldn't help but chime in... one statement to the seller along with eBay dispute: these are fake, and are being returned for a full refund, otherwise being sent to Oakley where they DESTROY fakes and send you confirmation. You choose, take your fake back or a confirmation from the manufacturer. either way you refund me my money.

Hmmm... i did use PayPal. I hate dealing with hassles... i already offered to pay the seller for the cost of return-shipping. I'd have to weigh the pros/cons of where to file my complaint. I'm going back-and-forth with the seller right now.

Name and shame!

I would... I would also find him on other media and shame him there too. Twitter, Facebook etc..

I have been ripped off by a so called power seller who most folk know on here. I am awaiting a reply now.

If I don't get a full refund, he will see a BIG drop in business, caused by me :D

Just to close-up my story (I apologize for taking this thread off topic)- PayPal sided with me and I got a full refund. The seller didn't go down without a fight tho... he insisted that I reimbursed him for his $20shipping, and $47 eBay fees. Sucks to be him- I told him to make a claim/complaint thru eBay ;p

Back