1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Cokeisgood

Cokeisgood Oakley Beginner

Howdy there folks. Well I'm sure you have heard this story again and again. But this is my last hope. I purchased a pair of new pair of X-Metal Half X Sunglasses off of EBay 19 months ago from a Oakley retailer in Miami Flordia. Well guess what, the left arm on....my $550usd pair of Oakley's broke just 5 weeks ago. This was the first pair of sunglass I have bought in my life. I have been wearing glass since I was 12 years old and on my 47th birthday (I saved for years) I was able to have Lasik eye surgery. I have been searching and searching online and have contacted Oakley direct and to no avail....they refuse to fix them. I'm a bit discussed at the fact they will not and do not have replacement parts for these sunglasses....just makes me sick to my stomach. I paid good hard money for my first pair of sunglasses ever. Please if there is someone out that that has a left arm that is not broken, or someone that know how to fix these please contact me.
    Oakley...I'm not a happy consumer at all....very disappointed in the customer repair service and support.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 7/24/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

#1 Stunna! likes this.
  3. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Common fault with the Half X I'm afraid.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum.

You have purchased a LONG since discontinued item that Oakley has stopped supporting a very long time ago.

The fact that you found it in a retailer is surprising too.

You can't be upset with Oakley for this honestly that they won't help you.

Either way once you meet our exchange requirements as @Wicked stated maybe those guys can help you out.

Wicked and motoGP_fanatic like this.
  5. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Rule #1 for Oakley Support: DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY.

But besides that point, :welcome:

Sent from Q's Note5

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

I concur Still surpised about the "retailer" on eBay

Lexkempo likes this.
  7. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Unless I'm missing something, it sounds like some schmo (with 1000s of ratings) and not some big time retailer. Sure, some retailers sell on eBay (like Best Buy and snoop.com), there aren't that many.

But yeah, the OP is SOL through warranty support.

Sent from Q's Note5

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

I concur once again. ;)

QLR1 likes this.
  9. Cokeisgood

Cokeisgood Oakley Beginner

Oakley offered me $150.00 off of a new pair of glasses if I choose. I need to supply my receipt. This I do not have any more. These glasses were purchased 20 months ago now. So how many of us keep our receipts after 20 months. No one....! Was by PayPal and PayPal receipts do not go back farther than 1 calendar year. It would be nice if someone was able to maybe 3d print a new hinge or even a company that could make these hinges and sell them. I see many people that have the same problem. Even given the age....Oakley could sub contract the parts for repairs.....Win win for everyone....This could be done to many Oakley lines of Glasses.

supersharp likes this.
  10. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic