• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley X-Metal Romeo Plasma Fire Identification/Rating

That's a beautiful piece of Oakley history you have there. Congrats on being reunited with them, and Welcome to the forum.

I finally got a chance to put my hands in a pair of Romeo. I got the R1 plasma w/fire. I really wanted the classic xmetal with black iridium. My question is: As a collector, that likes to uses his Oakley, Which Romeo is more rare collectible. The plasma or the classics? I like this romeo, but I still have that itch of go for the for the classic.

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

I finally got a chance to put my hands in a pair of Romeo. I got the R1 plasma w/fire. I really wanted the classic xmetal with black iridium. My question is: As a collector, that likes to uses his Oakley, Which Romeo is more rare collectible. The plasma or the classics? I like this romeo, but I still have that itch of go for the for the classic.

View attachment 307060

View attachment 307061

View attachment 307062

Plasma/Fire generally sells for more than X-Metal or Ti frames finished frames. I have a couple in X-Metal, but Plasma /Fire is still not in my collection. Congrats on picking one up.