• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley x Rag & Bone Frogskins

• Thread starter Deleted member 790
  • Start date
I love Frogs, i assume most of you would know that. They are all I wear, and pretty much all i have, but Ive got to agree with Batwolf. THings are getting worse and worse. Apart from the Craftsman, pretty much everything else laterly have been do overs.

I agree with FrogTastic, and Batwolf. I only collect Frogskins, and the past 2 years have been nothing but ****.

I agree with FrogTastic, and Batwolf. I only collect Frogskins, and the past 2 years have been nothing but ****.

HEY! WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE! THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - YOU CAN'T SAY WORDS LIKE ****!

the past 2 years have been nothing but caca poo ...

:grin:

Don't get me wrong the general releases have been very lazy. We all know that, no reason to mention it in every thread. Oakley has done some great things for frogskins fans too such as making lenses available and amazing limited frogs like the Olympic frogs. Has the quality of unique releases declined? Certainly there is no arguing that, but not like other frames are coming out with crazy or cool colorways. Most are basically copying old frogs.

In consideration to the Frogskins issued over the last couple of years or so I can pick out some awesome items but question certain releases. There were 4 SGH Blacklight Polarized pairs but with frames exact to their original counterparts, could these have been different especially as each frame has two colours?, whilst the 4 Polarized lenses made some difference the frames offered nothing new. There were 4 Acid Tortoise later releases using frames exact to the originals, but all 4 had Black Polarized lenses (?), could different colour A/T frames have been used, or a variety of lenses, to make these more appealing? As pointed out in this thread, why release Crystal Black - +Red originally as 24-304, and then recently as 03-289 especially as the 'original' is still available. On the plus side I do really appreciate the Acid Tortoise non polarized set, the Summit, and Aquatique series, incorporating frames that are unique and with an array of different lenses and cool microbags. The Craftsman Matte Red and Koston are indispensable, the Rapha with Polished Cream is a delight if you can find one of the 10 pairs, and the AAPE is enough to be a challenge for the title of best packaging ever for any pair of glasses. How about the Kazu with another unique frame design and microbag? Also, for those who have not yet seen it in person the Polished White - Jade Polarized SGH exclusive is simply breathtaking, absolutely one of my favourite Frogskins. If I could choose I would like to see more childish, daft, and ridiculous looking Frogskins...a Smarties collaboration... white frame covered in coloured Smarties, you collect the lids and when you can spell FROGSKINS you send them off to get 1 of 20 pairs. A Licorice Allsorts pair, a Toys R Us pair, a Sharpie Pens collab, glasses that are mad with daft bright colours, spots, stripes, with a geeky twist of childlike humour. On the other hand if the model came to an end it would be a relief for many, not 'having' to keep up with it any more, especially if new pieces appear lacking in invention or seem to overlap with previous releases.

If I could choose I would like to see more childish, daft, and ridiculous looking Frogskins...a Smarties collaboration... white frame covered in coloured Smarties, you collect the lids and when you can spell FROGSKINS you send them off to get 1 of 20 pairs. A Licorice Allsorts pair, a Toys R Us pair, a Sharpie Pens collab, glasses that are mad with daft bright colours, spots, stripes, with a geeky twist of childlike humour. On the other hand if the model came to an end it would be a relief for many, not 'having' to keep up with it any more, especially if new pieces appear lacking in invention or seem to overlap with previous releases.

NOW CANDY FROGSKINS WOULD BE ONE SWEET IDEA

Candy Frogs would be a delightful treat.
nervous.gif