• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleyforum 3.0 Looks Awesome

I'm browsing on my phone for now because the default style is too bright for my eyes!

We need a dark colored theme for desktop users!

Looks good, just takes a little while to get used to... and I laughed at some of the "statuses" we've had. Like "Oakley expert", etc. Now people just seems to now be liking Oakley's with well over 1000 posts.

Also, is there a way to cycle through the WTS, WTT, WTB, and SOLD options in the exchange section? I would like to declare an item closed like before, but cannot find a way to change that prefix.

This will be a long post, but it will cover many new features and a lot of the questions/comments asked.

To start, This is OakleyForum 3.0. It is an entirely new design with most of the same features of the old Oakley Forum.
Here are some of the basic changes:

Itrader
XenTrader is iTrader, just a different name. It does have some more advanced functionality. Try clicking on the XenTrader tab, then going to a specific person. You can see all of there feedback separated by buying, selling and trading. Very Useful!

Inbox/Private Messages
Inbox is Private Messages. Now PM"s are "Conversations", they are threaded meaning instead of quoting someone a million times and sending back a PM, you can see the entire conversation right on top of the most recent message.

Albums
User albums, are the same albums that were on the old vbulletin, but with some added functionality. Unfortunately due to some issues during the migration, most user albums did not transfer over. At this time, I am working to find a fix for this, but feel free to re-upload any albums you had and utilize the feature, since I am unsure if they can be transferred.

Spy

This is a little hidden feature in the sub bar under the Forum tab. It can also be found here:Spy | Oakley Forum . It shows you threads and posts in a somewhat realtime stream. it will show some past threads, posts that are unread, but then will begin to display them in realtime.

Highlight to Quote
Another hidden feature on Oakley Forum 3.0 is the ability to highlight text in a post and up will pop up a little box that says "Quote Me". This will add the selected text in a quote box to the reply box at the bottom of the screen. Makes it much easier to quote only part of a post.

Thread Prefixes: Sort by WTS/WTT/WTB etc.

When adding a thread to the Exchange sections, it is best to select a prefix from the menu which will allow the thread to be sorted depending on whether it is WTT, WTS, WTB etc. When you are in an Exchange area and looking to sort by these prefixed, you can either simply click on the prefix at the beginning of a thread title, which will show you only threads with that prefix. Or you may also scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Thread Display Options" button which will show a drop down menu where you can select options to sort by, one of which is Prefixes. Pictured below:
screenshot20130326at249.png

screenshot20130326at249.png

Post Display Changes
Per the feedback of some members, I changed the font of posts to be a sans-seriff font(hat tip to MrMoonlight), which matches the other text on the website. In addition I made the lines between posts more clearer, while making the lines between a post and signature more blended, which I think makes it easier to read.

Trophies
Some of you may have already gotten an alert for a trophy. Trophies are just a fun way of awarding members for achievements on the forum. You may be awarded a trophy for your first post, for your first like all the way up to your 10,000th post and 500 likes. Points awarded are also scaled according to the harder the achievement. Right now there are just basic ones, though I do plan on adding some fun ones. According the amount of trophy points you earn, determines your user title you get. This allows you to be "promoted" to the next user title for things other than just posting a lot, such as receiving likes on a post and completing profile fields. I think this is a great considering some members are very active and have very knowledgable posts, but may not post all that often. This makes sure that they are rewarded the same as high posting members.

Alerts
Alerts are probably my favorite feature of Oakley Forum 3.0, yet they are also the most simple. It is similar to receiving a notification on facebook. Something happens related to you, and you get an Alert. The reason its great is because, if I post a thread I don't have to constantly click refresh waiting for a reply, instead I can move on and will receive an Alert when someone replies. Same if someone quotes my post in a thread I post in. This makes it 100 times easier to stay updated with the threads you are involved in.

Premium Members
There have been some changed made to the Premium Membership, all of which I believe are for the better. Essentially Premium Members still do not see adds. But now they will receive Unlimited Private Messages, and Unlimited Album Storage in addition to attachment storage for 1,000 items. You can read more here: Oakley Forum Premium Membership | Oakley Forum

New forum looks great and works great in Tapatalk as well. Great Job. Need to get used to the home screen being a little lighter and smaller but all in all GREAT JOB and thank you!!!

Back